DC Prize donations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Prize donations

haven't heard much on it this year and i still got more crap...ahh i mean cool prizes to donate to the con or any contest.
    Mostly an antiquated irix server from BofA which runs well, but the monitor will nuke your testies....who wants it as a give away?

I gave away about $1000 of stuff last year. I'd find someone who REALLY needed this junk, and it was theirs. It got a good home. Sure beats Ebay or Goodwill.

Comment

Anyone who wants to donate stuff as prizes, speaker giveaways etc should either send an email to russ@defcon.org or chris@defcon.org or find one of us in the vendor area.

Another good person to talk to is grifter (dunno if he wants me to post his email addy so PM him unless he posts it here).
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I can also be reached at my @defcon.org address, the Scavenger Hunt is in great need of items for prizes, all donations are welcome.
        .: Grifter :.

Comment

Some of my "prizes" may scare people away. ;) Then again if I do get lucky, I'll bring you the fun stuff at the con.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            Anyone who wants to donate stuff as prizes, speaker giveaways etc should either send an email to russ@defcon.org or chris@defcon.org or find one of us in the vendor area.

Another good person to talk to is grifter (dunno if he wants me to post his email addy so PM him unless he posts it here).
            How is the donate stuff linked with the vendor area?
            Suspicious :D
            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by dataworm
              How is the donate stuff linked with the vendor area?
              Suspicious :D
              Kickback is such a dirty word ;)
              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

contest prizes

We (and the OKC 2600 group) are sponsoring Defcon's first Wi-Fi Shootout. We are in search of sponsors who are willing to donate prizes that can be awarded to the winners. There are six contest categories, all of which need prizes, and a big grand prize overall.

We do have *some* sponsors onboard right now -- Uncle Ira (Moser Electronics), Jinxgear, J3sus phReakers, Hackerthreads, and Break Point Books -- all regular DefCon vendors who have volunteered to help.

TechTV is going to sponsor the contest in some capacity, and we should have the full details about that soon. We don't know the extent of their participation yet.

We are still in search of donated stuff to make sure that all six prize categories are covered, and that something nice is provided for the grand prize.

If anyone can help, that would be great! We'll give you a sponsorship link on the contest website (if you want one), and promotion at the con and at the awards ceremony. Please let us know if you're interested! Full details about the contest are here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~wifi-shootout/

Email for more info if you need it. Let's chat about it!

Have a great day!

Michele
                (and Dave and Anna)
                DefCon Wi-Fi Shootout
                <Wifi-shootout@earthlink.net>

Comment

Donations are welcome to the "Manic Velocity wants to add stuff to his junk pile" fund.
                  "These last twenty minutes have been the best years of my life." -Goliath, "The Matrix Comics"

Comment

I have some old condoms for the manic fund, slightly worn.
                    .: Grifter :.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                      I have some old condoms for the manic fund, slightly worn.
                      save those for the "newbie who makes the biggest ass of himself this year" contest :D

Comment

Working...
                      X