2600 Spring 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2600 Spring 2003

What did everyone think about the cover for the Spring 2003 issue of 2600?
    */-\CideX*

subscription ended. havnt seen it yet. will check the site then comment.....
    the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

http://www.2600.org/covers/sp031.gif

I thought it was amusing somewhat, though in laid on thick type way.
      "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

nice

i thought it was pure genious, it couldnt explain things better for people.
        */-\CideX*

Comment

I got the mag, thumbed thru it, and asked myself, where is the new cutting edge code, the only article I liked was the best buy insecurities, I think the mag has taken a serious fall from what it used to be, It now is just another computer mag to me, nothing K-Rad. It used to have articles about virues and sploits, now its about xm radio and the last months was about dns, if you buying something called the hacker quarterly, you should know what dns is, and if you dont, get out of the car, and go to google.
          ~:CK:~
          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I only read 2600 for the letters and the ocasional humorous article they run. I've never really found anything useful in the mag that i didn't see way before on the web or in other channels.
            "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I like it for the pedophile ads in the marketplace, that's exactly what hackers are all about.
              .: Grifter :.

Comment

i find the art a bit ambiguious. am open to interpertation......
                the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Re: 2600 Spring 2003

Originally posted by AcideX
                  What did everyone think about the cover for the Spring 2003 issue of 2600?
                  Don't care. It's more of Emmanuel Goldstein's hippie crap being shoved down the readership's throats in the guise of somehow being related to hacking. They sure do seem to have an open-door policy in the marketplace section on convicts looking for boys to cornhole, though.

Comment

The zine does propose you start your own if you have different thaughts..........its his right to put whatever he wants in his zine....

and your right to put whatever you want in yours..........

if you dont like it, dont read it....but it still has some valuable material and comments......even if you dont agree with the politics.....
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

... perhaps people collect them like they would comic books... in hopes they are bound to be worth something someday...

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                        ... perhaps people collect them like they would comic books... in hopes they are bound to be worth something someday...
                        I'll stack them next to my Billy Beer.

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                          but it still has some valuable material and comments
                          Valuable material? Wow... guess I missed that issue.
                          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                            Valuable material? Wow... guess I missed that issue.
                            Valuable material = free staples with every purchase.

Actually I love looking at the face of the salesgirl at the store when I bu the issue. It's better than the girl at the video store when you ask her if they have "Anal Attitude" on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                              It's better than the girl at the video store when you ask her if they have "Anal Attitude" on DVD.
                              I love doing that, especially when the clerks are the older-walmart ladies...

Comment

Working...
                              X