This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet on the go

is any one going to have an internet connection on the road? or can anyone sugest an idea for internet on the road?

Originally posted by staticblackz
    is any one going to have an internet connection on the road? or can anyone sugest an idea for internet on the road?
    I have a sprint phone w/ unlimited Vision. Picked up the FutureDial cable at best buy, hooks in to my sanyo 5300, set up my lappy 's DUN to dial #777 with no user/password. And i contact at about 115k. Decent speed. If you don't get unlimited vision , your gonna be paying $0.02 a kb, and that adds up real fast!

Comment

cell service is the only sure fire way......
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

i have booked only hotels that have free local calls (save for the AP, which I doubt) and have ordered earthlink service after verifying that it has local numbers in all the places that I will be stopping
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

or there is that way...........

but you can see that because of the complication involved, cell servive is the choice of most......
          the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Pyro, I checked out Sprint for Unlimited Vision, the sales rep in my area knows so little, I gotta wonder. I think I will get the cheapest plan and use it for Internet access only!

Comment

as your main home isp?
              the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Yup! I have dialup at home, lucky to get 42.6k.

Comment

t mobile net

today i just picked up the t mobile card and service unlimited for 29.99 a month ( this feels like an ad ) but it works pretty good it dropped out but that was in a dead area and overall was farily fast.

Comment

Re: t mobile net

today i just picked up the t mobile card and service unlimited for 29.99 a month ( this feels like an ad ) but it works pretty good it dropped out but that was in a dead area and overall was farily fast.
                    what do u conect @?

Comment

Re: t mobile net

If you already have a regular voice phone account with them, you can get the unlimited data service for just $19.99. I already had a phone that is data capable and can attach to my laptop, so it was just a matter of adding this feature.
                      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I just picked up a Kyocera 7135 to replace my sprint phone. verizon seems to have a good data plan out there. i still have to pick up my data cable before con....

verizon offers crappy 14.4 connection that can be used as your alloted airtime talk minutes (no additional cos), or offers an unlimited 150kbps connection for 70$ a month.
                        the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

t-mobile connect speed

i connect at just a bit slower then 56k ( as i am trying to remember 56k sppeds it's been so long ) but to my memory a bit slower that 56k

Comment

Working...
                          X