Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it out of the norm to bring a desktop comp.??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it out of the norm to bring a desktop comp.??

This is my first year attending DefCon, and i don't have a laptop. :( but i was wondering if it is out of the norm to bring a desktop computer? I also will have my Sharp Zaurus PDA that is Linux powered, and will have a compact flash 802.11b card for it. so i can go "war-walking." lol. But will it be weird if i bring a desktop?

dude.
    its defcon.
    its only weird if you bring your mom.
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Re: Is it out of the norm to bring a desktop comp.??

Originally posted by omin0us
      This is my first year attending DefCon, and i don't have a laptop. :( but i was wondering if it is out of the norm to bring a desktop computer? I also will have my Sharp Zaurus PDA that is Linux powered, and will have a compact flash 802.11b card for it. so i can go "war-walking." lol. But will it be weird if i bring a desktop?
      Actually people bring anyting. Also, the GeekWearz table sells harnesses to make carrying a desktop around a bit easier for those just like yourself.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Bringing a Desktop

I've brought my desktop before, and it wasn't weird at all.
        It came in handy in the hotel room, more than on the floor as it is akward to have to carry a full size pc around. I had a flat panel monitor so it made things a lot easier to carry. Just make sure you keep an eye on your stuff, because it might walk off if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
          its only weird if you bring your mom.
          And don't share her.

Comment

I met some guy's parents at defcon last year, they drove all the way to vegas so their teenage h4x0r kid could go to defcon and then they stayed at the AP with him... odd, but i guess it beats not going if you're teenager.
            "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by jesse
              I met some guy's parents at defcon last year, they drove all the way to vegas so their teenage h4x0r kid could go to defcon and then they stayed at the AP with him... odd, but i guess it beats not going if you're teenager.
              I met a kid and his dad at DC9.. they flew all the way from Poland. His dad was amazed by all the folks and did not seem to mind in the least bit about everything going on. He muttered something about wanting to "observe their habits"...
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I told Priest (class A Goon) that I wanted to set up a booth with an internet camera so people could e-mail home saying all is well. In the background would be a set; folks with letterman sweaters, lemonade, maybe some Muzak playing. Then the parents would relax better. :>

Comment

great idea astcell.. but I think you should have diffrent backgrounds.. igloos... maybe like some restraunt scene... or some shots at like a nuclear reactor... that would rock
                  If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    I told Priest (class A Goon) that I wanted to set up a booth with an internet camera so people could e-mail home saying all is well. In the background would be a set; folks with letterman sweaters, lemonade, maybe some Muzak playing. Then the parents would relax better. :>
                    The way alot of parents seem to think, you could put up a background that resembled a Mexican prison and they'd be more relaxed than if you actually showed their little baby at a hacker convention.

Comment

Hm.
                      How about using the Mustang Ranch as a background?
                      DJ Jackalope
                      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Working...
                      X