Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know the Rules on having a Pool party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Know the Rules on having a Pool party?

Ok so the last two posts of mine were fun...
    but I would like to try and get a sound system together to throw a pool party on friday night or later on on Saturday night....

(i have a couple systems in mind, anyone else floating around?)

Does anyone know what the AP will allow as far as amplified sound at thier pools as well as power for stuff?

Jackalope

(looking for a place to play the $80 worth of records she bought with Forest Green today)

(and moving out the day before you have to leave for DC sux)
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

I would probably call them and ask them their policy just to be sure...

Comment

I believe it entirely depends on which pool you will use!

Comment

You're probably the 5th person who has talked about doing this. I'll give you the same advice I've given the others. Dont. First off, I dont think theres power (that we can use anyways) out there. There is also a noise issue with the hotel. The DJ room is fine, as its contained, but outside noise carries a bit, and the hotel will have a problem with that. The other issue is simply, not everyone likes to hear booming techno. I know, its hard to believe, but its true. Right now, if you dont like electronic music, you can avoid the DJ area, but when its right out there with everything else theres nowhere you can go. Think of a type of music you dont like. Now think of being immersed in it wether you want to be or not. Would get old quick wouldn't it? With the various room parties and the DJ room, theres plenty of music available for those that want to listen to it, lets leave a few options open for those that dont want to be surrounded by it.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Just saw some kids throwing down some records by one of the pools on sat night last year..

just checking out the scene.

moo!
          DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

No running on the deck, no jumping into the shallow end, no excessive splashing, no pushing or shoving of others into the pool, no kicking or scratching and no peeing.

Comment

Does two-man skipping of girls to see how many times they skip across the pool count as excessive pushing?

lope
              DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

no Jackalope.. that qualifys as FUN! I mean skipping has become an event over the years.. so enjoy it

*note: Management not responsible for lost or broken teeth, sun burns, broken sprits/legs/arms/backs/or pools, also not to be held responsible are the spectators or random passer-bys, having nothing to do with the skipping itself by mearly having nothing better to do than watch.

Thank You,
                The Managment*
                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Contrarian
                  No running on the deck, no jumping into the shallow end, no excessive splashing, no pushing or shoving of others into the pool, no kicking or scratching and no peeing.
                  What's that dye they use in some places that turns urine red so that if you pee in the pool everyone sees it? Sounds like a fun toy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    What's that dye they use in some places that turns urine red so that if you pee in the pool everyone sees it? Sounds like a fun toy to use.
                    let me ask my mommy.

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/science/poolpiss.htm

Comment

RATS!

Comment

What do rats have to do with a defcon pool party?

I wanna go back to a couple years ago on a sat night where a pool of money got started to see who was brave and would eat this gigantisaur cockroach that had just randomly fallen on a pool table....

the pot I heard was up to $175 for eating it. And someone got the money after a large gulp of beer. (YUCK)

lope
                          DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
                            I wanna go back to a couple years ago on a sat night where a pool of money got started to see who was brave and would eat this gigantisaur cockroach that had just randomly fallen on a pool table....

the pot I heard was up to $175 for eating it. And someone got the money after a large gulp of beer. (YUCK)
                            That was the best $10 I threw in for a dare ever.
                            boogah
                            boogah[at]gominosensei[dot]org
                            http://gominosensei.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Contrarian
                              You forgot "No bottles in the pool!"

Comment

Working...
                              X