New Pho Hoa behind Multistore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pho Hoa behind Multistore

If you've never had Vietnamese before you might want to check it out. Part of a franchise and not as good as the "family run" indies, but hey, it's a bowl of Pho.

Al

For 1st timers, what I mean by "Multistore" is the combo Package/Convenience/Subway/Baskin-Robbins/Pizza place on
    the nearest corner to the Alexis Park.
    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Do they have a version with tripe?

I'm all about the cow stomach.
    http://bitshift.org

Comment

didn't that strip mall have some weird asian video store in it last year? I kept meaning to go check it out.
      "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The Omaha 2600 crew was going to eat there when other Def Con folks ran out of there screaming that the service sucks and so did the food.

Unfortunally we didn't have any better luck at Hamburger Mary's but boy oh boy, does their staff like to stare you down.

On the other hand, the Pink Taco still rules along with Luckys.
        "I am the EPITOME of FRUGALITY, the KING OF CHEAPNESS, the TIGHTEST of the TIGHTWADS, the MASTER-BLASTER of PENNY PINCHING, the BISHOP of UNDER-BUDGETING, the CARDINAL of COST-CUTTING, I AM THE MASTER MISER!!!."

-Jim Sears

Comment

Originally posted by JockVSJock
          Unfortunally we didn't have any better luck at Hamburger Mary's but boy oh boy, does their staff like to stare you down.
          Go there late in the evening. The patrons will stare you down too. ;-)
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by JockVSJock
            The Omaha 2600 crew was going to eat there when other Def Con folks ran out of there screaming that the service sucks and so did the food.
            Really? I ate there on Saturday evening, and the service was extremely quick. After ordering, I received my spring rolls about a minute later, and my Pho immediately after. The food tasted pretty damn good to me...
            You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

So, that's where my order went....
              This is my signature...

Comment

Originally posted by urban
                Do they have a version with tripe?

I'm all about the cow stomach.
                I believe so. I'm pretty plebian, I get tai bo vien (everything but the "moo").

Al

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                  I remember some guy you replied to who saying now gay the place was. I didn't notice and went back thinking I must have been blind. Good food, I did the sunday buffet, but not as good as it was last year. I missed the chipolte sauce.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                    I know, the whole bar turned to look at me each time I was walking around.

It wasn't easy not having eyes molest you everywhere in there.

BTW, the serice sucked there as well.

Cross that one off of the Def Con Zagat guide.

On the other hand, some of Omaha 2600 found Terribles which is North(?) of there. A local casion/buffet that was only 10.00 and not bad.

If I get back next year, I'll try eating there.

"I am the EPITOME of FRUGALITY, the KING OF CHEAPNESS, the TIGHTEST of the TIGHTWADS, the MASTER-BLASTER of PENNY PINCHING, the BISHOP of UNDER-BUDGETING, the CARDINAL of COST-CUTTING, I AM THE MASTER MISER!!!."

-Jim Sears

Comment

I ate at both

I at twice at Mary Burger and once at the Pho place.

The Pho place was slow as hell... even bringing water took 10 minutes.. I didnt particularly like the taste, I eat korean and thai ect.. ect.. all the time.. I dont think I'll be eating Pho again..

Whoever asked about the tripe.. yes. they had it..
                      I had a soup with 2 types of pork, and something else.

As for mary burger.. both times I went, I had excellent service, food was good, they even offered electrical outlets for our laptops..

Comment

i love pho... best on a cool rainy day... but there is pretty much no way I could have eaten it during dc11... the heat was barely tolerable for me to put anything down... they closed one of my favorite places here in socal because some underage worker fell in one of the boiling pho pots... :( ... there are a few good places around here... perhaps if I go up during the winter i can get myself a nice bowl of pho up in vegas... the trick is having a superb broth with the right texture :) thanks to my cow-orkers I have lived a few years eating pretty much most popular asian foods VN, Chinese, Thai, Japanese ... at first i had to hit KFC after eating a plate full of spring rolls... but now my body is more used to it... ok i am rambling... end of line.

Comment

Re: I ate at both

Originally posted by Syntax-Error

As for mary burger.. both times I went, I had excellent service, food was good, they even offered electrical outlets for our laptops..
                          Admit it... you were just there for the "evening entertainment". ;-)
                          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Working...
                          X