Little Wardriving tidbit from a local

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Wardriving tidbit from a local

I live in Las Vegas and did a little preliminary wardriving earlier this week, and I figured this might interest some of you participating in the wardriving contest (officially or not).

There's a chain of gas stations around town called Terrible Herbst's (why, I don't know). They, like many newer gas stations, have these displays at the gas pumps to pitch products at you while you're pumping gas.

They apparently communicate on in-the-clear 802.11b. Let the hijinks ensue. Applicable strings dump below:

hack-in-the-box root # strings /home/kismet/Kismet-Jul-29-2003-1.dump | grep [Tt]errible
    >6724 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\235-Plasma\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_CarWash\\r\\nTERRIBLE_CARWASH\\r\\n26 .500000000000\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >9023 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\254-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"terrible_best_slot_club_updateTV\\r\\nTERRIBLE_ BEST_SLOT_CLUB_UPDATETV\\r\\n10\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >6579 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\118-Plasma\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_Double Royals_LAND\\r\\nTERRIBLES_DOUBLE ROYALS_LAND\\r\\n7.500000000000\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >9221 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\255-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_Players Club_TV\\r\\nTERRIBLES_PLAYERS CLUB_TV\\r\\n6\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    254CSRTR.terribleherbst.com
    >6581 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\118-Plasma\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"terrible_best_slot_club_update\\r\\nTERRIBLE_BE ST_SLOT_CLUB_UPDATE\\r\\n6\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >9223 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\255-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"terrible_visit_updateTV\\r\\nTERRIBLE_VISIT_UPD ATETV\\r\\n10\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >9174 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\118-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_Food Special 1_TV\\r\\nTERRIBLES_FOOD SPECIAL 1_TV\\r\\n13\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >9027 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\254-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_FreeRVStay_TV\\r\\nTERRIBLES_FREERVST AY_TV\\r\\n7\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >6583 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\118-Plasma\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_Food Special_LAND\\r\\nTERRIBLES_FOOD SPECIAL_LAND\\r\\n30\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >9225 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\255-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_Double Royals_TV\\r\\nTERRIBLES_DOUBLE ROYALS_TV\\r\\n8\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >6725 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\235-Plasma\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_Bougainvillea cafe\\r\\nTERRIBLE_BOUGAINVILLEA CAFE.MPG\\r\\n10\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    257CSRTR.terribleherbst.com
    >9178 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\118-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"terrible_visit_updateTV\\r\\nTERRIBLE_VISIT_UPD ATETV\\r\\n10\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    >6727 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\255-Plasma\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terrible_Chevron\\r\\nTERRIBLE_CHEVRON\\r\\n8\\ r\\n\"" "wb"
    >9033 WriteFile1() "$(DisplayRootPath)\\254-LCD\\NowPlaying.txt" "\"Terribles_Chevron_TV\\r\\nTERRIBLES_CHEVRON_TV\ \r\\n8\\r\\n\"" "wb"
    235CSRTR.terribleherbst.com

If you see a guy with Elvis Costello glasses and bright yellow Gentoo Linux messenger bag, say hi. :D

Well, seing as how I have lots of free time on my hands, you may be seeing a change in whats displayed on those screens sometime soon. This is in no way saying that I plan on doing anything illegal, for those who think about that sort of thing.
    Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Working...
    X