Wardriving Contest Results/Maps posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wardriving Contest Results/Maps posted

The final results/scores as well as the map of all APs found has been posted at http://www.worldwidewardrive.org/dc1.../wardrive.html

I have also posted each teams logs, the maps we generated, and pretty much all the data we had turned into us at:

www.worldwidewardrive.org/dc11drive/dc11wd.zip

Live it, love it, learn it.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

I just wanted to say thanks, Chris. I had a good time, and the shirts were cool.
    No Service Usable Parts Inside

Comment

Any ideas why the results are not complete? Our team is missing over 1000 APs (EDiT and Play's results), and from the looks of it I think team 5 is missing all but 1 or 2 drivers results. Their map looks suspiciously like one fluid path through the city, and I seem to recall one of them saying they had over 1200 alone.

Just curious, since I'd like to know how we really compared to the rest of the teams.

Comment

Oh yeah, and the shirts were awesome (even though I will never be able to wear a long-sleeve shirt in Phoenix).

Thanks for all the work. I may not agree with how it turned out, but I know you put a lot of time in to it. Hopefully next year we can get a level playing field so teams following the posted rules can have a chance at winning.

Comment

As I mentioned in a different thread. The LA results were not scored. It either wasn't submitted or there was a problem with it.

We scored every result that was either uploaded or presented to us. If a team is missing results it is because they weren't submitted, or were submitted in the wrong format. Team 11 (your team) had a lot of logs submitted in wi-scan w/o extensions. We couldn't score those as they didn't have all the requirements for scoring.

Glad you liked the shirts and everything else.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
            Team 11 (your team) had a lot of logs submitted in wi-scan w/o extensions.
            Chris
            EDit wasn't on Team11 (Fear&Loathing). Although, it probably would explain why we scored so low.

Thanks to all the organizers of the wardriving contest, we had a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
              EDit wasn't on Team11 (Fear&Loathing). Although, it probably would explain why we scored so low.

Thanks to all the organizers of the wardriving contest, we had a lot of fun.
              You are right. I can't read my own typing ;) .

EDiT was on Team 2 (WarDriving Miss Daisy I believe they were). Still the same goes. We scored everything that was turned into us and that was in the right format etc.

Comment

Team 2 - Statistics and what may have gone wrong with data

For shits and giggles I put up individual stats and broke down what was discovered by our team during the wardriving contest.
                http://thefilevault.org/wardriving/defcon

I encourage all the teams to put up their detailed results for statistical purposes and fun.

p.s. less than half of this shows up in our final results for various reasons; however all of these networks have valid gps coords and that's all we need to map them :p
                Last edited by rusty; August 7, 2003, 11:02.

Comment

monkey poo

... actually, another common reason that log data was dropped was because of GPS info being funky.. or log oddities, like no defined channel, quite out of whack sig/noise values, etc...

I do admit to being pretty damned tired doing scoring... so possibilities exist, but the standings would likely not have changed in any event. I doublechecked most data when I did mapping, and found most questions in my mind to be answered by:

) upload issues (some people forget?)
                  ) invalid log format
                  ) bad GPS
                  ) funky unexplainable/unconvertable log data

extra props out to the team that used Wireless scanner... no points, but a nice log that could have used conversion :)
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, you did grab the logs from the official upload server too, right? I was the only one my team to upload there, and my results didn't show up in the final.

In any event, I'm also curious to see the rest of the final results, particularly team 5's which seems much lower than I think it was.

Also, how did you get 1200+ uniques for LoW? I merged team 2,5,10,11,12 together and got 3631, then merged team 4 and got 4554 total, a difference of 932. Am I messing up the math somehow?

Comment

Also, if someone is collecting suggestions for next year, how about having a script available on the upload server for us to test our results with? Maybe a stripped down version of the final script that will check the format and tell us how many APs it sees as valid within the GPS boundries? That would have alerted us to any funkyness in our exports and allowed us to research and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by EDiT
                        Just out of curiosity, you did grab the logs from the official upload server too, right? I was the only one my team to upload there, and my results didn't show up in the final.

In any event, I'm also curious to see the rest of the final results, particularly team 5's which seems much lower than I think it was.

Also, how did you get 1200+ uniques for LoW? I merged team 2,5,10,11,12 together and got 3631, then merged team 4 and got 4554 total, a difference of 932. Am I messing up the math somehow?
                        Can you fucking whine anymore?

God, I hate fucking whiney little bitches like you. Maybe you need to calm down a little bit. Better yet, don't play next year. That way you won't have to worry about everything.

Comment

Also, if someone is collecting suggestions for next year, how about having a script available on the upload server for us to test our results with? Maybe a stripped down version of the final script that will check the format and tell us how many APs it sees as valid within the GPS boundries? That would have alerted us to any funkyness in our exports and allowed us to research and fix it.

No. If you are an idiot and can't upload properly, then that is your fault and no-one elses. No one ever said wardrivers were intelligent.

Comment

The scoring script was (and is) on the contest web page and always has been. Everything but the cheat catching code is there.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                              Can you fucking whine anymore?

God, I hate fucking whiney little bitches like you. Maybe you need to calm down a little bit. Better yet, don't play next year. That way you won't have to worry about everything.
                              Funny, didn't sound like whining to me. Sounded like a question. If I can't figure out what I did wrong or what went wrong, then there is no point to me doing it next year because the same thing may happen. I remember some quote about people who fail to learn from their mistakes....

I know our team didn't win, but I sure don't want to drive around for 3 hours in the heat only to have my results excluded again next year. I really love the idea of the contest, and hope that with feedback from everyone we can have a stable contest next year without these little issues.

Don't read too much into my questions without knowing where I'm coming from. You end up looking like an ass. I accept the outcome, and am just looking to do better next year by understanding what went on.

Originally posted by highwizard
                              No. If you are an idiot and can't upload properly, then that is your fault and no-one elses. No one ever said wardrivers were intelligent.
                              I differ from you on this one. I would much rather win fairly than win because someone's results got mangled. This is all for fun, after all.
                              Last edited by EDiT; August 7, 2003, 15:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X