This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For next year

Man... I got killed on traffic coming back on Sunday to Los Angeles.

I was thinking of organizing a Defcon 12 Fly-In. I'm a Private Pilot with Instrument Rating.... by next year I will have my CFI (god willing)

Probably leave from Los Angeles Based Airports (SMO, or Brackett??) With a Cessna 182, we could hold 4 people. Rental rates are about $85/hr. Split amongst 4 people is about $20 to $25 an hour.

Takes about 1 1/2 hours to get to Vegas with a Cessna 182

not5150
    www.not5150.com

Sounds terrifying. I left SD at 1am and returned from Vegas Tuesday at 8pm. No traffic or sun.

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrangeCheese
      Sounds terrifying. I left SD at 1am and returned from Vegas Tuesday at 8pm. No traffic or sun.
      Yeah... The trick is to time it so that the first round of idiots have already crashed into each other, blocked I-15, and been cleared off *before* you leave.

I had to leave Vegas on Sunday night (annoyingly enough), but didn't get out until 10pm. Made it back to L.A. at 1.30, which included a fuel stop and missing the new on-ramp for the 210. Had I left anywhere between 10am and 8pm it would have been a six- to seven-hour drive, possibly with the sun in my eyes all the way.

Comment

Working...
      X