Best Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Speakers?

I really enjoyed most of the speakers I saw, I wish a couple had gotten a bit more time since they seemed to be rushing near the end and I would have loved to see the whole presentation without feeling rushed. It was also kind of a bummer that some people lost time to the fire marshall announcement, but some things can't be avoided.

My favorites were Paul Wouters, Silvio Cesare, and Seth Fogie. I really wish I'd seen Stack Black Ops with Dan Kaminsky, I heard it was phenomenal, but the line was insane.

Any favorites? Or anyone that totally sucked?

My favorites:

Cindy Cohn of the EFF and her talk What Hackers Need to Know about Post 9/11 Legal Changes

Hacker Generations with Richard Thieme

Meeting Phil Zimmermann was awesome

Satellite TV Technology by OldSkoolS because he was cool as shit

Comment

The guy from HavenCo (ryan someone, forget his name) was cool, I caught his talk on eGold last year and was glad to hear him speak on the collosal fuckup that was HavenCo.

He should write book.
      "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the compliment..... if that was one.
        I assume feces are still "cool"

I enjoyed the BlueTooth Security Talk.

Comment

Best Talks

Richard Thieme by far and the lady from the EFF, and her post 9-11 legal change speach. That really scared the bejeezus out of me.

I miss the 802.11 speech ... <kicks self in ass>
          ********AggonA***********
          I know this world is killing you..

Comment

i was happy with my social eng. speech. even if the other people werent its ok i was. to bad the phone jacks didnt work. that really cut into are time

Comment

Personally my favorite one was the FX talk about Embeded Vulnerability and his Cisco exploits...

I saw it at Blackhat but i think he gived the same talk at defcon...
              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkoolS
                Thanks for the compliment..... if that was one.
                I assume feces are still "cool"

I enjoyed the BlueTooth Security Talk.
                Total compliment, sorry I have a filthy mouth.

I enjoyed the topic because I’ve recently been moving my focus from business networks to the big broadband telecommunications picture. I have gathered two months of material involving VOD / IPP and 2nd generation digital DVRs that are being offered by cable companies. I’m trying to make the mess into something coherent. I have discovered some decent digital cable/Internet/telephone hacks. By next DefCon maybe I’ll have something worth sharing.
                Last edited by DrStrangeCheese; August 7, 2003, 21:46.

Comment

Originally posted by DrStrangeCheese
                  Total compliment, sorry I have a filthy mouth.

I enjoyed the topic because I’ve recently been moving my focus from business networks to the big broadband telecommunications picture. I have gathered two months of material involving VOD / IPP and 2nd generation digital DVRs that are being offered by cable companies. I’m trying to make the mess into something coherent. I have discovered some decent digital cable/Internet/telephone hacks. By next DefCon maybe I’ll have something worth sharing.
                  Sounds interesting. Send it my way and I'll take a looksee.

Comment

FX's talk on Embedded Vulnerabilities and the Cisco stuff was good.
                    Dan kaminsky's talk on Stack Black Ops was awesome.
                    the AirSnarf one was good.
                    Silvio's talk on Open Source kernal auditing and exploiting.
                    and Jaya Baloo's talk on Government IP_Tapping.

omin0us

Comment

I personally enjoyed Fyodor's talk on nmap the most. It was good to hear the direction nmap is taking in the future. I liked Ofir's talk on Xprobe, but felt he was defending it too much against the likes of nmap and nessusd. Each tool has it's strengths and weaknesses and can be used in different situations. There's no need to practice apologetics at a Defcon talk (imho).
                      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

I liked TomEE's talk, he has a way of "taking you along for the ride" with him, as apose to everyone slumped over listening, you get about 20% more absorbsion rate when a talk is fun.

IMHO
                        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                        X