Speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers?

So what did you think of the speakers this year? The quality of the presentation? The rooms? Room layout?
    Finding out about schedule changes?

Things I already know about:
    Room Capacity is an issues/fire rules
    Waiting in line sucks.
    AMFYOYO

I thought my Social Eng. was ok it could have been alot better. I was happy with it once i seen how many people were in the room. I just wish the phone thing would have went through it would have made it alot better and that also was a issue non of the phone jacks worked in the apollo. that sucked it took about 30 minutes out of the speech. so you guys can trash talk it all you want.

Comment

Every session I sat through (either in the speaking room or remotely) was great. While the whole fire marshall bit sucked, it did allow for rooms to be manageable in headcount. I'm sure that the Air Conditioners weren't so overloaded which allowed ppl to enjoy the presentation a little better.

If it is the same format next year, I'm sure the organizers will be able to plan the sessions based on expected turnout and probably get rid of the headaches people experienced this year.
      “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Hacker Generations was excellent. Richard Thieme, a great speaker:)

Comment

Speakers

This was my very first defcon, the first of hopefully many. I thoroughly enjoyed every speaker I managed to get in to hear. Richard Thieme was a particular favorite of mine. Next year perhaps I will be able to plan far enough ahead to actually book a room at the AP before it is sold out so that I can take advantage of the ability to watch full talks in the room though that would defeat the concept of social interaction which was also a big part of the con for me.

I'm looking forward to next year, if the dates were set I would be making my reservations now!
          The Matrix is real... but I'm only visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Fused
            I thought my Social Eng. was ok it could have been alot better. I was happy with it once i seen how many people were in the room. I just wish the phone thing would have went through it would have made it alot better and that also was a issue non of the phone jacks worked in the apollo. that sucked it took about 30 minutes out of the speech. so you guys can trash talk it all you want.
            dude i totally missed your talk :(
            i cant wait until they post it on the media server, shit i might even buy it :)

Originally posted by Jigsaw
            Hacker Generations was excellent. Richard Thieme, a great speaker
            i agree i enjoyed that one as well, that is another one i am thinking about buying as well.
            "so many books, so little time"

Comment

Originally posted by Jigsaw
              Hacker Generations was excellent. Richard Thieme, a great speaker:)
              Just want to also say great job to Richard Thieme. He deserves thanks for coming to the con and giving a great talk.

Also, support the Electronic Frontier Foundation, they except donations. Cindy Cohn was kick ass.

Comment

I think the speakers this year where week. Many of them were not confident in themselves enough to give a proper speech without stuturing or freaking out. Alot of the speeches to lacked content.

There was only four speeches worth seeing.

Abusing 802.11b: These guys where well prepared had live demos and gave out a wealth of information.

The Ops one: This one filled up fast but still worth watching on the TV in the room. The speeker was well prepared and the information was informative.

Wireless Malicious code: Though the name was a little missleading the content was great and Brent was a well prepared and well seasoned speeker.

Dumpster Diving: Man this was great to actually see the art of dumpster diving presented at defcon. I give grifter A on that.

Besides that many others fell short. The topics and presenters of dc10 seemed much better then this years.

Ok for all you that saying that they did better then me casued I did not do a presentation your right. I prob would of freaked out too on stage in front of all you guys. You guys are a captive audience some speekers need to learn that. Your their to leech on their every word to consume their knowledge. They should not fear beng up there in front of you.
                --------------------------------------
                In the end it is the computer that will format us.
                ----------------------------------------

Comment

Ok I did the CC networks 101, and I'll admit, it went alittle side ways, but everyone who gave me feed back said it was good? Anyone who did catch it, maybe a point I was trying to make no one got: Hotels don't care about security, so go grab all your credit cards via packet sniffers, trust me they are not monitoring.

Next year I will do a stupid PPP, because everyone likes to be intraced by visuals, and I will add some terminals and accually do a live demo hack of a cc network, cause some people seemed skeptical, "OK", anyway...Feel free to give me cristisim, politly though, or I will book two talks next year!
                  "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Grifter sucks. That guys has shit for brains. I heard he kicks kittens.
                    .: Grifter :.

Comment

The Grifter guy also attracts streakers as well.....
                      ======================================
                      DJ Jackalope
                      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                      ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
                        flaming ones at that ;) :D:D:D:D

Comment

Check out the lower left corner....how many kittens have YOU killed?

http://www.geocities.com/dalynxie/Dalynxie.html

Comment

that pic is sooo played out

I like this one better

http://drew.corrupt.net/think-of-the-domokun.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
                              I think grifter put that on the scavenger hunt list himself. Just so he could see naked men run around. Little did he know that he would be so lucky as to have one of these HOT naked men hug him from behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X