Encrypted Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just an FYI Astral,
    http://people.txucom.net/richie/progs/mysniffer.zip is currently offline.

thanks for the update and info :)

Comment

fixed link and new secureIM with encryption is uploaded.

Comment

Irc

Justabill and I have played around with a PGP irc client that plugs into mirc. It works REALLY damn good with Private keys for personal chat as well as channel keys. When you launch, you enter your master phrase than then you're live with the channel.

Key updates, exchanges and such are all done with crypto. If you arn't key'd, you get a ton of garbage onscreen (yes, I know, hard to distinguish between that and normal Irc speak). Channel topics can also be crypto'd as well.

I think if you google for PGP mirc you'll find the module. Just need to get some compatable plug ins for other clients and OS's.
        --Shatter

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
        - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Originally posted by Shatter
          Justabill and I have played around with a PGP irc client that plugs into mirc. It works REALLY damn good with Private keys for personal chat as well as channel keys. When you launch, you enter your master phrase than then you're live with the channel.

Key updates, exchanges and such are all done with crypto. If you arn't key'd, you get a ton of garbage onscreen (yes, I know, hard to distinguish between that and normal Irc speak). Channel topics can also be crypto'd as well.

I think if you google for PGP mirc you'll find the module. Just need to get some compatable plug ins for other clients and OS's.
          This might be a good thing to try out on #dc-forums...the drawback would be that a good percentage of the people don't use mIRC and some of their clients wouldn't work, but something to the equivilent might be good.
          Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
            This might be a good thing to try out on #dc-forums...the drawback would be that a good percentage of the people don't use mIRC and some of their clients wouldn't work, but something to the equivilent might be good.
            Another drawback is that 3/4 of the people in there couldn't spell encryption...let alone use it.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
              Another drawback is that 3/4 of the people in there couldn't spell encryption...let alone use it.

Most think that d00d/leet/hax0r-speak is crypto.
              --Shatter

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
              - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Working...
              X