Virtual Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Machine

Im looking for a good virtual machine but I would like it to be free. Ive seen VMware and some others and I will have to buy a copy of one of those if I can't find one for free. If you could recomend one that would be extremly appreciated. Thankyou

you may want to specify the OS you want to host it on, or for what you want to use it for (support-wise), but VMWare is pretty hard to beat overall.

Comment

At the moment im running windows 2000 but I can change if I have to.

Comment

VMWare is about as good as it gets.

Comment

I do remember a friend mentioning something about a project that fed off of the chroot concept and functioned more like an actual tight nix virtual machine... but I do not remember the name spouted out, and certainly never confirmed its existence
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I kinda wanted to not have to pay for some type of vm software but unless I can find a free one soon Ill just go ahead and get vmware. My company don't like spending money unless totally nessicary so I had to check out all possiblitys.

Comment

Originally posted by darknecron
              My company don't like spending money unless totally nessicary so I had to check out all possiblitys.
              you can tell them that they can pay for a piece of software and x number of licenses for x amount or instead buy several pieces of hardware that will become obsolete within the year... have them decide.

Comment

http://www.tightvnc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DarkStar
                  http://www.tightvnc.com/
                  TightVNC is a neat remote admin tool, simply because it is *free*... unlike PCAnywhere which is $$$, and bok2 which doesn't always fly too well with MIS/IT peeps... although I am sure this thread is about VM and not remote admin...

Comment

touche... maybe i should read before i post :( bad newbie

Comment

Working...
                    X