anybody try knoppix-std

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody try knoppix-std

has anybody tried knoppix std? Have any thoughts?
    Computer Security is like a back door, leave it open long enough and someone is bound to walk in!

yes

it is swell

Comment

I use it, it has some nice features, you can turn a non linux box into one in five mins, and have all your security tools right there, very useful/dangerous.
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I use it, and I like it. I had to remaster the cd because it didnt have some of the tools I usually use though. Anybody interested in remastering it, ill edit the link for the idiot-proof guide into this post as soon as I find it.

Update: Here it is:
        http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php
        Last edited by ripshy; August 11, 2003, 09:50.
        Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

gpsd working?

Can anyone confirm gpsd is working on version 0.1b?

Comment

Knoppix is quite handy to carry around in your backpack for those pesky school computers with filter software. ;-)
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

except all the school computers i've seen have had cd-boot disabled in bios
              "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have used it, it is quite nice. It took me all of 5 min. to decide it will have a place in the ol' software pouch.
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Has anyone compiled a powerPC port using Yellow Dog? I’m not going to burn up the few hours of sleep I get if the project has already been done.

Comment

Originally posted by jesse
                    except all the school computers i've seen have had cd-boot disabled in bios
                    You're at the wrong schools, then!

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                      Knoppix is quite handy to carry around in your backpack for those pesky school computers with filter software. ;-)
                      In one of the linux format ( http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/ ) issues I got to play with demolinux http://www.demolinux.org/ ... pretty handy and functional as well.

Comment

Just started playing with knoppix yesterday. Really really useful. I spent the whole day today running it on my office pc. Absolutely pissed my boss of. :)

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                          You're at the wrong schools, then!
                          Sorry I don't hang out at Barber or Clown colleges.
                          Last edited by jesse; August 12, 2003, 23:56.
                          "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight

but there has to be some loophole, but the friggin teachers walk up and down the class hallway too fast to give me enough time to do anything.
                            Same thing here but they are so horrably secured it only takes a few seconds.
                            hmmmm...... nice round set of features....good price.... but will it draw attention....? will supermodels stop in their tracks and say, "damn! who's that guy with the SEXY laptop?!" - I don't remember who possibly blackwave

Comment

Originally posted by jesse
                              Sorry I don't hang out at Barber or Clown colleges.
                              Or many top engeneering Universities, either, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X