RIAA Panel Discussion on Sat. night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAA Panel Discussion on Sat. night?

I believe this was ad-hoc, but I watched a group of folks talk about the RIAA crackdown on P2P networks.

Was there any notes published on the talk or is there any place on the DC site to watch this presentation again?

thanks
    "I am the EPITOME of FRUGALITY, the KING OF CHEAPNESS, the TIGHTEST of the TIGHTWADS, the MASTER-BLASTER of PENNY PINCHING, the BISHOP of UNDER-BUDGETING, the CARDINAL of COST-CUTTING, I AM THE MASTER MISER!!!."

-Jim Sears

That was the EFF talk and it was a last minute addition. The presentation should be on the DefCon website when the rest of the presentations go up.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I was more interested in their take on freenet nodes / litigation / etc... fuck p2p. This was the only talk I got to see in full and was very impressed.
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

From what I remember watching on DC TV, it was very good, and I would just like to revisit it again.
        "I am the EPITOME of FRUGALITY, the KING OF CHEAPNESS, the TIGHTEST of the TIGHTWADS, the MASTER-BLASTER of PENNY PINCHING, the BISHOP of UNDER-BUDGETING, the CARDINAL of COST-CUTTING, I AM THE MASTER MISER!!!."

-Jim Sears

Comment

P2P is the devil, it gives non-computer people the power to give the RIAA and MPAA notice to what has been going on in IRC for years, and fu*king with our little secret that things in digital format can be very moblie

Damm Napster, damm it to hell
          "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
          X