Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telemonster and his post

Folks,

Telemonster does raise some valid concerns. And they should be addressed. On a side note thank you all for your support.

Telemonster-

All flames aside. If you did not have a good time at the Con I am sorry to hear that. The objective of the staff is to make sure that those who come out do have a good time and walk away with a good experience.

We (the goons) are not there to be hall monitors we are there first for your safety and the safety of the other attendees, staff, and hotel. We are also there to provide a buffer between the hotel security people and the Con attendees and to make sure that each part of the Con runs as smoothly as we can make it.

Unfortunately this year we faced several challenges that made this year harder than last to run as smoothly as we would have liked. This included long lines for events and limited seating. For this we do apologize and are working hard to make sure that next year we do not face the same road blocks.

With regards to spot the Fed, I am sorry you do not find that portion of the Con enjoyable. It is put on to entertain the attendies and is used many times as a filler when there are problems with the next speaking event.

As to my 'obsession' with the intel community and the books I have read your opinion is an interesting one and from your point of view I am sure is quite valid. Unfortunately it is not based on fact or for that matter reality. But opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. You are entitled to yours.

As to your commentary about let 'em go to jail it makes good stories, the same comment I made above applies regarding opinions. The LAST thing we want is for people to get sent to jail. That is just asinine. It is bad press for us and it is bad news for the poor bloke who gets sent up. We would rather contain an issue before it explodes than to have it blow up and ruin allot of peoples day. Stories non withstanding. Case in point. DC9 where a attendee had to go to the hospital for an OD and went into Cardiac Arrest four times. Good story? To you maybe. For the bloke who was in CA? I doubt it. Guy who gets so drunk he starts a fight and gets his head cracked? A good story to you maybe. To us it sucks because someone got hurt and we get bad press over it. Idiot completely trashes his room including spray painting the walls. Good story? Once again to you it most likely is. Really funny. Haha. To the hotel and DT who have to pay for the damages the son-of-tard caused? Pretty crappy. So keep in mind that allot goes on behind the scenes that we would rather not have happen that 'make good stories' but that also really ruin it for those of us who have to put up with you folks who go out with the idea that you bear NO responsibility for your actions and that we are all there just to ruin your day.

Priest
    Lving my life in the gutter so you don't have to.

i had a great time at con.

Comment

Glad to hear it

Thank you. Glad to hear it.
      Lving my life in the gutter so you don't have to.

Comment

Originally posted by Fused
        i had a great time at con.
        Me too. This was my first con, and it was a worthwile experience that I will definetly embrace again next year. Honestly, the only beef I had was with the lines, but it wasnt a big beef. It was nice of you guys to make them available mostly everywhere (bar, dctv, etc). Also, I really did like that the presentations were streamed from the DC website, it allowed me to tap in from home w/o taking the bus down to the con. Some streams didnt work at times though, anybody know what was wrong?
        Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Priest,

Thanks for being Priest! You seem to have that - About to crack two skulls togeather, for a stupid remark blurted out, but refrain by putting them on spotlight. Making them look like fools. Plus you pull everything togeather to make a bad situation gracefully push into something positive.

DC would have been alot tougher on everyone attending and involved if it were not for you, in short...Thanks
          "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Thank you Priest, DT, Goons and the support staff that make Defcon a possibility. This year was my second year and it has only gotten better. I look forward to future cons as they seem to be like good wine -- getting better with age. I had a great time and can't wait to see you all again next year.
            “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

OK, the lines sucked. Being able to go back to your room and watch it on the tv made up for it some, but I missed the social stuff.

The goons were always cool with me, just trying to make the best of a bad situation (I could see that was a thankless task).

I overall had a really good time. One of the highlights was meeting the forum peeps IRL.

I got sick as a dog Sunday morning until I left Wednesday, causing me to miss out on a lot of stuff.

"The Fire Marshall has a major hard-on for Defcon" heh.

Al
              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Weel, Aint been to the con yet hoping for Def Con 12 to be my first time if i can find someone to go with me i am hoping for my dads friend to come along my parents wont let me go alone with my age and all (13), And for the people who ruin it by not knowing when to stop drinking etc shouldnt go if they are causing more hassle for the goons/staff etc there job is hard enough arranging all this taking them all this time then it takes soem lame ass 1 hour to ruin it all, Just my comments, Bye

Comment

Originally posted by Hazard Toxic
                  Weel, Aint been to the con yet hoping for Def Con 12 to be my first time if i can find someone to go with me i am hoping for my dads friend to come along my parents wont let me go alone with my age and all (13), And for the people who ruin it by not knowing when to stop drinking etc shouldnt go if they are causing more hassle for the goons/staff etc there job is hard enough arranging all this taking them all this time then it takes soem lame ass 1 hour to ruin it all, Just my comments, Bye
                  I can see why some might drink and throw parties at defcon, it might be the one time of the year they can associate with people like them, that is why I enjoy it so much, it is all good, just as long as people know when things are enough. 13 is somewhat young, but I cant say age is much of an issue for me. If you are really into the computer security deal, come and learn, if you just want to get t-shirts and drink just to impress your friends and such....dont bother comming.
                  ~:CK:~
                  I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Working...
                  X