yellow dog anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yellow dog anyone?

Ok, jesse I admit my last post was a little easy but it was more an opinion on your part than finding it for me on the web. Although I did know about macstumbler and also istumbler I had not found kismac (thank you) I am new to mac os and not really familliar with its way of dealing with ported programs such as kismet( and I know that kismac and kismet are not related) that natively run on an x86 arcitechure in linux, and if programs or plugins such as airsnort would work properly with kismac or say a ported kismac via fink, Anyways these are things that I am tring to work on in my spare time( which isn't very much) and figure out on my own with a little help from you guys and girls. Oh, by the way has anyone tried yellow dog linux?
    If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

uh... dumbass, kismac is a port of kismet.

and YDL is pointless if you have a mac that can run OS X, since OS X kicks YDL's ass down the street.
    "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

uhh, ok. http://www.binaervarianz.de/projekte...kismac/faq.php . If anyone has used YDL I would like to know. Thanks.
      If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

I always figurd kisMAC...was a port, I mean if they are trying to distance themselfs, I would change the name of it a little. I still think it looks vaguely similar. Anyways, YDL looks to suck from what I have seen, go with Slackware...:D
        ~:CK:~
        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by kree
          uhh, ok. http://www.binaervarianz.de/projekte...kismac/faq.php . If anyone has used YDL I would like to know. Thanks.

YDL is pretty cool. I have an Apple Network Server (PowerPC) that was running it at one point. I forgot what I ended up going with on there, but overall YDL was pretty cool, but if you have a box that can run OSX, use that instead.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Working...
          X