Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMC Win2k/XpHome

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MMC Win2k/XpHome

    I am trying to use MMC on my Win2k Machine (Set up as a "File Server") to Change Permissions of a WinXP Home machine in the other room. I added the snap-in but it would not let me view or change anything. What do I need to do set this up? This will save me money in shoes from walking back and forth all day long.

  • #2
    Not really.

    I remember I used to do this when I worked for the "other company", but I can't remember what OS was in the other room then, cause I never went in there. I really hate using MMC. Is there any other tools I can use to do this with? I hate windows Xp.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Deathbycaffeine
      I really hate using MMC.
      blasphemer!!! mmc is the tool of the gods!... 2nd best to cli... :D
      3rd being the resource tools and 4th being the unix for windows :) ...

      Comment


      • #4
        Why note just Remote Desktop in and control the box remotely? I know it's not as great as MMC control, but it beats walking into the other room.
        “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by blackwave
          blasphemer!!! mmc is the tool of the gods!... 2nd best to cli... :D
          3rd being the resource tools and 4th being the unix for windows :) ...
          There he goes again working his way into the hearts of the young. 3 months ago he detested MMC....


          Death by caffiene: Do you have the IPC$ share on the remote box disabled?
          Can you manage other things like users without an issue?


          You are running on NTFS correct?
          Last edited by pezz; September 4, 2003, 17:36.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pezz
            There he goes again working his way into the hearts of the young. 3 months ago he detested MMC....
            detested??? I have been a grand promoter of mmc almost worldwide since the beginning! surely you are confused with another.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by blackwave
              detested??? I have been a grand promoter of mmc almost worldwide since the beginning! surely you are confused with another.
              Back Back Spawn of Satan! Spew forth your false truths elsewhere....beware the law of 3.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blackwave
                detested??? I have been a grand promoter of mmc almost worldwide since the beginning! surely you are confused with another.
                Yes, I second that, he has been supporting MMC since the beggining of the month


                **Post meant for humerous purposes only, it has nothing to do with actual truth....more posts on this forum should have this disclaimer....
                Where's the dedication?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TwinVega
                  Yes, I second that, he has been supporting MMC since the beggining of the month


                  **Post meant for humerous purposes only, it has nothing to do with actual truth....more posts on this forum should have this disclaimer....
                  Once again the evil dragon with the blue fawn hair has used his mystical powers to remove the post that would provide proof.....or perhaps it was only my PERCEPTION that there was actually a thread...or even an MMC.....maybe there is no MMC. My thoughts are projecting the existance of the MMC. Perhaps this thread is not even real...but know this. The dragon is the reality. He has entered you when you were new and most vulnerable. There is no hope. No escape. The dragon has you, the dragon and his almight peepee.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pezz
                    Once again the evil dragon with the blue fawn hair has used his mystical powers to remove the post that would provide proof.....or perhaps it was only my PERCEPTION that there was actually a thread...or even an MMC.....maybe there is no MMC. My thoughts are projecting the existance of the MMC. Perhaps this thread is not even real...but know this. The dragon is the reality. He has entered you when you were new and most vulnerable. There is no hope. No escape. The dragon has you, the dragon and his almight peepee.

                    This one is lacking in sane pills (as opose to happy pills). Who let you out of the "happy farm"?

                    jk
                    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hackajar
                      This one is lacking in sane pills (as opose to happy pills). Who let you out of the "happy farm"?

                      jk
                      Sanity is only a cognition that you have constructed within your own encephalon by digesting the qualms of your environment....those most commonly deemed as insane are those who still have the ability to use their creativity.

                      So thank you, you have offered me one of the most altruistic complements realizable.
                      Last edited by pezz; September 4, 2003, 20:32.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pezz
                        Once again the evil dragon with the blue fawn hair has used his mystical powers to remove the post that would provide proof.....or perhaps it was only my PERCEPTION that there was actually a thread...or even an MMC.....maybe there is no MMC. My thoughts are projecting the existance of the MMC. Perhaps this thread is not even real...but know this.
                        oh man, you are going to feel really dumb after you click this...

                        after you have returned feel free to start with sucking the left one, then feel free to proceed to the right one :D :D :D

                        Thank you and have a nice day.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by blackwave
                          oh man, you are going to feel really dumb after you click this...

                          after you have returned feel free to start with sucking the left one, then feel free to proceed to the right one :D :D :D

                          Thank you and have a nice day.
                          <snip>mmm... MMC is soooo juicy ... some people just don't get it...</snip> And from the deepest pockets from the deepest bowls of hell this has been retrieved. That was the post I was looking for.....In the correct context and all things considered this quote expresses sarcasm. Sarcasm at my suggestion to use MMC. Your argument stance in this post was FOR netstart and netstop. So I can safely deduce that 1.) I was FOR MMC and 2.) you were for the CLI, provided that: we do not take into consideration thoughts in your head at the time not expressed in writing and, that the flow of the thread was conducive to this quote being interpreted as sarcasm.

                          :D

                          Now about the small issue of groveling.......

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pezz
                            <snip>mmm... MMC is soooo juicy ... some people just don't get it...</snip> And from the deepest pockets from the deepest bowls of hell this has been retrieved. That was the post I was looking for.....In the correct context and all things considered this quote expresses sarcasm. Sarcasm at my suggestion to use MMC. Your argument stance in this post was FOR netstart and netstop. So I can safely deduce that 1.) I was FOR MMC and 2.) you were for the CLI, provided that: we do not take into consideration thoughts in your head at the time not expressed in writing and, that the flow of the thread was conducive to this quote being interpreted as sarcasm.

                            :D

                            Now about the small issue of groveling.......
                            Juicy is a word I only use when I am in support of it, there was no sarcasm involved at all. It just happened that i answered the user's question naturally in CLI since that is more portable across systems than expressing how to click. Hell if I was thoughtful enough I would have posted the msc. There was never a stance ... more common sense than anything... I do believe the groveling is back in your court :)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by blackwave
                              Juicy is a word I only use when I am in support of it, there was no sarcasm involved at all. It just happened that i answered the user's question naturally in CLI since that is more portable across systems than expressing how to click. Hell if I was thoughtful enough I would have posted the msc. There was never a stance ... more common sense than anything... I do believe the groveling is back in your court :)
                              Perhaps this should be decided by a jury of our peers... :D

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X