Astronomy (A Star)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astronomy (A Star)

On the "I am a total geek" note, here is a pretty cool link with some basic (and some more advanced) Astronomy FAQs for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/que...php?number=289
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Originally posted by Chris
    On the "I am a total geek" note, here is a pretty cool link with some basic (and some more advanced) Astronomy FAQs for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/que...php?number=289

Uber Geek, Chris....... Uber Geek....

Comment

One of the disadvantages to living in the city, light pollution and otherwise, make it near impossible to see the stars.
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Now that you mention it....
        http://www.highvalleyobservatory.com
        This site I hold close to my heart.....No reasons given.
        Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
          Now that you mention it....
          http://www.highvalleyobservatory.com
          This site I hold close to my heart.....No reasons given.
          Even as a child I really enjoyed this. Though by far my collection of railroad rocks was much more interesting. For those of you who have never been at the top of a strip mined mountain during a meteor shower, I feel truly sad, there is nothing more mysterious than what resides off of our little place in the galaxy. I am also very interested in the life on other planets. "Aliens" if you will....we all know they are out there.

Comment

The Clock Strikes Twelve....

Chris, the sad thing is you and I may be the only ones who got
            your thread title.

Al
            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Site that totally freaked me out (www.abovetopsecret.com) Explains Extra Terrestorals (If thats spelt right) Area 51 all kind of weird un explained stuff like that

Comment

well i'm not so sure area 51 has an et's there anymore, i'm sure there are other top secret things there like aircraft, and other weird things... But, with all the publicity, I'd think they'd move the aliens to another "top secret" base... Area 51, and other things have interested me for years, i'm also a conspiracy theorist...
                Ich Will...
                Du Hast....
                Spiel Mit Mir...

Comment

Originally posted by windwalker3579
                  well i'm not so sure area 51 has an et's there anymore, i'm sure there are other top secret things there like aircraft, and other weird things... But, with all the publicity, I'd think they'd move the aliens to another "top secret" base... Area 51, and other things have interested me for years, i'm also a conspiracy theorist...
                  Really and what basis do you have for your conspiracy? Why would there be top secret alien site's in the first place? Why would they store the bodies of aliens here on earth when they have secret bases on the moon and bases such as MIR.

Reference the SETI formula about the possibilities of life on other planets that could be as evolved as those here on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                    Really and what basis do you have for your conspiracy? Why would there be top secret alien site's in the first place? Why would they store the bodies of aliens here on earth when they have secret bases on the moon and bases such as MIR.

Reference the SETI formula about the possibilities of life on other planets that could be as evolved as those here on earth.
                    I don't mean just about aliens, I believe in life on other planets, it'd be awful close minded, and arrogant to think we are the only intelligent beings in this galaxy. They could use MIR, as you suggest to store the alien bodies in. I wouldn't doubt it actually...
                    Ich Will...
                    Du Hast....
                    Spiel Mit Mir...

Comment

They secretly use it to develop new "caine" type drugs.

Comment

Area 51 to me has become a tourist trap, and a great way for people to lose site of other odd things. I believe after 51 got its light, everything was moved to another base, probley the one right down the street from you. The best place to hide something is where no one would think to look.
                        ~:CK:~
                        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
                          Area 51 to me has become a tourist trap, and a great way for people to lose site of other odd things. I believe after 51 got its light, everything was moved to another base, probley the one right down the street from you. The best place to hide something is where no one would think to look.
                          Kinda like burying nukes in the Wv hills.

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                            Kinda like burying nukes in the Wv hills.
                            ..or Dick Cheney

Comment

Working...
                            X