cf 802.11 card for zaurus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cf 802.11 card for zaurus?

I was just wondering if any of you could give me any advice on what would be the best cf wireless card for my zaurus, I have been looking around on the internet and there are alot of different choices out there. I want to stay away from the pc card style because of the bulk and because I cant find a pc card sleeve for the zaurus (although I though I thought that I found one almost a year ago when I first bought it) but anyways I dont want the bulk of the sleeve. So if anyone has any advice on cf wireless cards that work with kismet and possibly an external antenna (but not important) please let me know, also discribe the setup that works for you. By the way is open zaurus as good as the oem disto or is it better, I know the importance of open source but a friend of mine installed open zaurus or the equivalent on his ipaq and said that alot of stuff still has bugs in it. Please give me some advice on any of this, thanks.
    If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

hmm,... how many cf cards come with external jacks? none of mine :(

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
      hmm,... how many cf cards come with external jacks? none of mine :(
      This has been tossed around in the NS forum alot, dont think they ever found one.

try Forums.netstumbler.com, they hold all information short of the meaning of life.

ck
      CoWF-Enlightenment 802.11 style.
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/cfwirelesslan.htm
        ok look at this link and there is a yLez cf-2002 and another one that claim to have external antenna jacks I think the other is a symbol but when I looked it up it did not say anyting about the external jack or connection, anyways what has worked for all of you or have you heard of any cards that should not even be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by kree
          http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/cfwirelesslan.htm
          ok look at this link and there is a yLez cf-2002 and another one that claim to have external antenna jacks I think the other is a symbol but when I looked it up it did not say anyting about the external jack or connection, anyways what has worked for all of you or have you heard of any cards that should not even be looked at.
          This has been discussed before, I dont think anyone found one, I have an ipaq and i use an orinoco card with a pcmcia sleeve.
          ~:CK:~
          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

ok, I misunderstood. I thought when BW comented on not having an external jack, anyways thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X