Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkpoint FW Configuration

Hi Folks.,

anyone know how to obtain Checkpoint Firewall COnfiguration file from shell mode.
    What File should I copy ?
    I am using Checkpoint NG running in solaris 5.8 OS.

Thanks,
    --good_guy_id911--

Its driving me crazy that I can't remember the name of the file. Check out www.phoneboy.com and blog.phoneboy.com for what is probably the best and most comprehensive CP FW-1 site on the net. There's more info there than in CP's own SecureKnowledge database.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

I think it's these two files (someone check me on this):

$FWDIR/conf/objects.C

and either

$FWDIR/conf/rulebasename.fws (Windows)
      $FWDIR/conf/rulebasename.W (UNIX)

They're stored in some sort of CP proprietary scripting language (I think call "inspect script"). To convert it, you may want to look at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cp2fwbuilder/
      Last edited by yankee; October 6, 2003, 13:13.

Comment

it is in its own scripting lang, but its fairly easy to pick out whats happening in the file.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

well, thanks., guys..

--good_guy_id911--

Comment

Originally posted by yankee
            I think it's these two files (someone check me on this):

$FWDIR/conf/objects.C

and either

$FWDIR/conf/rulebasename.fws (Windows)
            $FWDIR/conf/rulebasename.W (UNIX)

They're stored in some sort of CP proprietary scripting language (I think call "inspect script"). To convert it, you may want to look at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cp2fwbuilder/
            Your right.... objects.C is all the NAT'd objects and special objects created in Checkpoint..

rulebasename.W is your rules... I use these to "toggle" some firewall policies.
            Kraa: You are Slackware Linux. You are the brightest among your peers, but are often mistaken as insane. Your elegant solutions to problems often take a little longer, but require much less effort to complete.

Comment

Working...
            X