• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free web hosting for 3 years

Just wanted to pass this along...

www.1and1.com

I think I'll let someone else verify the legitimacy of this :p
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
      I think I'll let someone else verify the legitimacy of this :p
      I went ahead and signed up this morning, I'll let ya know if I get hosed. It's been awhile since I screwed myself, I'm about due anyway.

Comment

wondering

so did you get an e-mail from their company, G8tK33per?
        "don't fear the reaper..."

Comment

Originally posted by trinity
          so did you get an e-mail from their company, G8tK33per?
          yup..sure did.

Comment

Originally posted by G8tK33per
            yup..sure did.
            Welcome to the other forum ;)
            ~:CK:~
            I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

What a load of crap, I have had 4 years of hosting domains and no problems. No bandwidth limits, limit on email addresses, hard drive limits. Further, I could have my songs on my home directory, and all the nasty "stuff" I could find sitting on my directory as well.

How did I do it, well for Free-99 I'll tell you!

Just call up your local ISP, and ask for "broad band service" with "static ip". Sounds confusing? I know, too good to be true? Maybe, but give it a try, hell at $80 /month to do what ever is in YOUR hardware limits is well worth it, no?
              "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                Just call up your local ISP, and ask for "broad band service" with "static ip". Sounds confusing? I know, too good to be true? Maybe, but give it a try, hell at $80 /month to do what ever is in YOUR hardware limits is well worth it, no?
                Only problem with that is not all ISPs offer static IPs. Some of us live in sucky areas where the only way we'll get a static IP without port blocking will be to run a T1 to our house.
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                  Only problem with that is not all ISPs offer static IPs. Some of us live in sucky areas where the only way we'll get a static IP without port blocking will be to run a T1 to our house.
                  Well, dyndns or no-ip can solve the name res thing; but yeah, a lot of consumer priced ISPs block certain ports or monitor incoming traffic to uphold their TOS, which generally defines consumer usage vs commercial accounts.
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                    Well, dyndns or no-ip can solve the name res thing; but yeah, a lot of consumer priced ISPs block certain ports or monitor incoming traffic to uphold their TOS, which generally defines consumer usage vs commercial accounts.
                    This is what I pay for business class cable modem, 256k upload (your download) from me is not too bad. Anyways just a thought for those how can do this
                    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Working...
                    X