• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A better Name (for me)

So I have had this name "hackajar" for over 6 years now. Story:

Joel - Hey man, I just saw hackers - I could totally brake into a Gibbson

Me - You couldn't hack your way of of a jar

So... To piss him off, I changed my screen name (as I was doing this often a that time) to hackajar. But... I just stopped changing names after that. I'm not any "uber 1337" guy, it was just a novilty act.

Any suggestions, as I kinda been lurking and posting for some time now, what would you suggest?

Note: I am a bit of a credit card analyst (at least that's my job title at work).
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

So what's wrong with your name? It's unique, if nothing else. Anyway, it's your identity now... you can't just go changing it!
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

a1g0r3.... :D
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
        So what's wrong with your name? It's unique, if nothing else. Anyway, it's your identity now... you can't just go changing it!
        I'm just tired of the presumtion (perhaps people saw "fucktard" when I first logged in 3 months ago, based on name)

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
          I'm just tired of the presumtion (perhaps people saw "fucktard" when I first logged in 3 months ago, based on name)

Even if you wanted to change it, you can't.
          Didn't anyone tell you, that when you have a "handle" within the community, it is next to impossible to change it. It's like Changing your name from Peter to Bertha. While, being named bertha may be cool for you, I don't know how you expect me to remember that Peter is now bertha and Bertha used to be peter and blah blah. Just keep the freakin name and make my life easier.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
            Even if you wanted to change it, you can't.
            Didn't anyone tell you, that when you have a "handle" within the community, it is next to impossible to change it. It's like Changing your name from Peter to Bertha. While, being named bertha may be cool for you, I don't know how you expect me to remember that Peter is now bertha and Bertha used to be peter and blah blah. Just keep the freakin name and make my life easier.
            fair enough

Comment

If there was ever a fucktard label with that I certainly don't remember it... I kinda went through the same thing when really wanting to ditch the c0nv3r9 moniker. once people know you as one thing, that's all that matters with regards to aliases; otherwise they're pretty worthless. For example, Chris will forever be known as "Super Ultra Leet Kung Fu Neo In A Box Gibson Owning Lord Nikon Stomping Poser Smacking Fuck With Me And Die Hacker Chris" from now on
              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                Chris will forever be known as "Super Ultra Leet Kung Fu Neo In A Box Gibson Owning Lord Nikon Stomping Poser Smacking Fuck With Me And Die Hacker Chris" from now on
                True Dat G.
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                  True Dat G.
                  Number one in the hood G

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                    If there was ever a fucktard label with that I certainly don't remember it... I kinda went through the same thing when really wanting to ditch the c0nv3r9 moniker. once people know you as one thing, that's all that matters with regards to aliases; otherwise they're pretty worthless.
                    Going from c0nv3r9 to converge is acceptable, since we end up calling you the same thing. I'm about to make a strategic move from octalpussy to octalpus, and I should be able to get away with that too. But you can't just outright change your nick. When no one knows you, it's ok. I even managed to ditch a nick about 3 or 4 years ago, and people were beginning to know me as that. But now, this nick is fairly established, and I couldn't get rid of it if I wanted to... and neither can you. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                      Going from c0nv3r9 to converge is acceptable, since we end up calling you the same thing. I'm about to make a strategic move from octalpussy to octalpus, and I should be able to get away with that too. But you can't just outright change your nick. When no one knows you, it's ok. I even managed to ditch a nick about 3 or 4 years ago, and people were beginning to know me as that. But now, this nick is fairly established, and I couldn't get rid of it if I wanted to... and neither can you. ;-)

I think I am going to stop using a nick and just go with my real name. You may now call me by my given name: Ghostface Killa
                      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                        I think I am going to stop using a nick and just go with my real name. You may now call me by my given name: Ghostface Killa

Or as I like to call chris: Big Daddy Cocka Cocka Pants!

Comment

I am finding myself drifting away from ck3k, and more toward using ck, most people just say that anyways, and less people look at you funny if you yell it across a room.
                          ~:CK:~
                          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
                            I am finding myself drifting away from ck3k, and more toward using ck, most people just say that anyways, and less people look at you funny if you yell it across a room.
                            people will always use the shorter versions when in casual conversation. but that doesnt mean that you should "change" it...

someone named matthew wouldnt change their name to matt, just because thats what people say most...
                            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                              people will always use the shorter versions when in casual conversation. but that doesnt mean that you should "change" it...

someone named matthew wouldnt change their name to matt, just because thats what people say most...
                              Sometimes, a shorter version is more appropriate though. I love my nick, and it's great when someone gets it, but more often than not, they don't, and they think it's something sexual. So... I give up...

Comment

Working...
                              X