Dude, wheres my country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, wheres my country?

As anyone read this yet? I'am about half through it and its pretty fun. Moore brings up some good points about the war and the patriot act. I'am mostly in it for the laughs. The section on the US allies during the war on iraq is just hilarious.
    The penguin is watching.
    "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Good thing Moore has gone back to humor. He wasn't really good at the whole dealing with facts thing.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Yeah there is alot of humor in here, but he makes alot of claims about things the president said or things that have been done and I question his resources on them.
      The penguin is watching.
      "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

MIchael Moore can FOAD. I don't mind liberals at all, but if that's what he is, I'd be ashamed to call myself one. If I've got to put up with much more sophomoric, knee-jerk reactionary bullshit from him, I think my head's going to explode. I mean, come on. I thought we'd left the liar, liar pants on fire shit behind in elementary school. This jerk off's made a career out of that inane crap.

My opinion matter little, but I think the left wing should be as ashamed of him as the right is of the KKK.

Comment

I don't throw my book money away. I just bought "Shut Up & Sing" by Laura Ingraham and recently finished "Treason" by Ann Coulter. And I am looking forward to the new Michael Savage book.

Comment

I've often told people that Michael Moore is the left's answer to Rush Limbaugh. Now why the left felt they had to have an answer to Rush is beyond me.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
              I've often told people that Michael Moore is the left's answer to Rush Limbaugh. Now why the left felt they had to have an answer to Rush is beyond me.
              What does that make John Stewart and the Daily Show?

Very interesting article in this months Harpers about how to create a financially viable and entertaining left of center talk/tv show. I particularly like the point that the US under Australian mind control via Rupert Murdoch's control over FOX. Fuck those aussies, fuck them up the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
                What does that make John Stewart and the Daily Show?
                While the Daily Show certainly exhibits a liberal bias, the primary targets of their satire tend to be the establishmentarian news outlets, in which little attention is paid to the politics of those news outlets unless it's one of their distinguishing characteristics (i.e. Fox News)

I find Jon Stuart's interviews, and especially the selection of people to interview, to be highly balanced and maintain a high level of political discourse, as compared to the sophomoric level exhibited by both Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore. Jon Stuart will, on occasion, match the level of discourse exhibited by his guests if they begin to take cheap shots, although this typically comes in the form of a witty retort on Jon Stuart's part.

The content of the show does exhibit an overal liberal slant, the show gives just as much criticism to the Democratic presidential candidates as it does to Bush. The view exhibited by the show may be slanted, but it certainly isn't one-sided. Compare this to Michael Moore or Rush Limbaugh, in which the views exhibited are decidedly one-sided.

Very interesting article in this months Harpers about how to create a financially viable and entertaining left of center talk/tv show. I particularly like the point that the US under Australian mind control via Rupert Murdoch's control over FOX. Fuck those aussies, fuck them up the ass.
                I'm significantly more concerned with the "mind control" being exhibited by Clear Channel in the US. During the war, several of Clear Channel's "news reports" contained outright lies, something rarely tolerated in the print or television media due to the large number of outlets these media enjoy. In the case of FM radio, with Clear Channel's nearest competator, Cumulus Broadcasting, holding an order of magnitude fewer stations, the majority of radio listening Americans are bombarded with such "news reports" yet few are concerned about their validity. I find it highly unlikely that this is indicative of a discerning population which relies on reputable outlets for news, and find it much more likely it's indicative of an apathetic populus which is willing to take information presented through any mass medium at face value.
                45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                [ redacted ]

Comment

I feel Rush is more of an entertainer in the broadcasting business than living what he speaks. Now Michael Savage, he says when he is off the air he is exactly the same as when he is on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                    Even the left does not want the fucker. It would be fun to lock him and Limbaugh in a room and watch them get hungry and try to eat each other..

I do find him slightly entertaining in low doses. I do like to see him fuck with the corporate types every now and then, when they are deserving. I DID NOT, however, like Bowling for Columbine. He proved himself to be a total jackass there. All doubt removed. Now that he believes some of his own press, he is that much worse.

He is currently working on a "documentary" about the relation between the Bush family and the Bin Ladin family. The problem is, I feel he shit in his own nest so badly with BFC that even if he makes a true, unbiased documentary (which we know will not happen), he has shot any credibility he had in the ass.
                    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Working...
                    X