Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeCSS Hacker in more shit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3257586.stm

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Let's face it.. the MPAA wants to make an example of this kid, and are not going to stop until they fuck him over..
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Holy shit, they are fucking retarded. Anyone with a dvd burner can burn away and they're worried about DeCSS. Old news MPAA, let's move along.
      .: Grifter :.

Comment

I dunno about this kid... if I was still being sued by the MPAA, the last thing i'd want would be to have the RIAA and Apple suing me as well.
        "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

DeCSS is aging, the MPAA should have realized that there are people out that that want to watch dvds on alternative operating systems, and not have to purchase some special closed source software. As far as the hacker himself, I think the MPAA is wanting to make ti clear that they dont want there precious encryption to be broken, same with microsoft, just whinning, but not realizing that the dvd burners skip the whole read process and just burn the whole damn thing.
          ~:CK:~
          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

So tell me, back when CDs were new (remember the caddies!) was spedial software needed to play music or did it just play?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              So tell me, back when CDs were new (remember the caddies!) was spedial software needed to play music or did it just play?
              It needed software to read the disc, but no decoders or any of that shit. It was designed to be "you bought it so now you can use it in anything" type of deal.

Another spin on this is that the MPAA should just chill out knowing how much they are making off of every over priced dvd we buy.
              ~:CK:~
              I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

hey... is it just me, or are them thar dvds up to $20 - $25.. unless you buy online through a huge reseller like amazon? back in the day, I paid $15 for a two sided disc with both 4:3 and 16:9 formats ... I didn't need to buy some super special extended extreme critics gold criterion copy of the disc.... what has changed? ..surely not the cost of making the discs.. that has dropped :p
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

GREED.

thats all I can see from it.
                  "Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt."-Herbert Hoover

<3

Comment

The music industry has been vile and corrupt since its inception, exploiting artists and robbing them blind because the artists typically have little choice in the matter... sign with a major label or don't sell your music. It's only now that the industry has begun an assault on the general public that the public has become aware of the industry's true nature.
                    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                    [ redacted ]

Comment

what ever happened to VHS copying? this is the same thing, just they are making a big deal out of it cause its digital... I don't think they complain enough about the VHS pirating... whatever...

Comment

Way back in 1977 I had to record off of the radio!

Comment

MPAA: "OMG VHS TAPES ARE GOING TO RUIN US!!!11!1oneoneeleven."

Well, obviously they are still around. Strike #1 for the MPAA's ability to predict the future.

*shrugs*
                          "Blessed are the young, for they shall inherit the national debt."-Herbert Hoover

<3

Comment

as posted on /.

Jon Johansen has been acquitted a second time

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...ticleID=696330
                            "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by jesse
                              as posted on /.

Jon Johansen has been acquitted a second time

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/lo...ticleID=696330
                              good, wish they would stop trying to hang everyone in sight.
                              The essential feature of complex behavior is the ability to perform transitions between different states ... Complexity is concerned with systems in which evolution, and hence history plays or has played an important role in the observed behavior.

Comment

Working...
                              X