This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine code versus virtual machine

As you all know, languages like C make it impossible to write secure code thanks to buffer overruns and pointers. This is part of the reason why I want to learn Python, which runs in secure virtual machine environment. I would like to rewrite several networked demons into Python, such as Apache and ssh. Java is the same thing. But recently I hear people say that virtual machine problems make them vulnurable to attack too. Is this for real? Could someone hack Python or Java ssh still? BitTorrent is written in Python for example, and when is the last time you heard someone getting hacked through BitTorrent?

Originally posted by kidlinux
    As you all know, languages like C make it impossible to write secure code thanks to buffer overruns and pointers. This is part of the reason why I want to learn Python, which runs in secure virtual machine environment. I would like to rewrite several networked demons into Python, such as Apache and ssh. Java is the same thing. But recently I hear people say that virtual machine problems make them vulnurable to attack too. Is this for real? Could someone hack Python or Java ssh still? BitTorrent is written in Python for example, and when is the last time you heard someone getting hacked through BitTorrent?

You are a troll.

My question for you, in relation to all the new threads you create is: How much time do you spend researching a post before you make it? Have you looked to see if any projects currently exists that you are planning on working on? If your going to learn Python then why not just learn it; instead of telling people you are going to?
    Last edited by ; December 15, 2003, 13:21.

Comment

As you all know, languages like C make it impossible to write secure code thanks to buffer overruns and pointers.
      Dan J. Bernstein would disagree...
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
      [ redacted ]

Comment

As you all know, languages like C make it impossible to write secure code thanks to buffer overruns and pointers.
        I closed this before that little gem right there got you flamed off the forums.
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Working...
        X