Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noo Loonix - 2.6.0!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Noo Loonix - 2.6.0!

    For those who care, Linux 2.6.0 has been released. See http://kernel.org/ for more information. Changelog: http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.0

    And if kernel.org gets too bogged down, here's a mirror of my own... you can trust me! (or get MD5s if you don't):
    http://fails.org/linux-2.6.0.tar.bz2
    Last edited by bascule; December 18, 2003, 03:51.
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

  • #2
    Originally posted by bascule
    For those who care, Linux 2.6.0 has been released. See http://kernel.org/ for more information. Changelog: http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.0

    And if kernel.org gets too bogged down, here's a mirror of my own... you can trust me! (or get MD5s if you don't):
    http://fails.org/linux-2.6.0.tar.bz2
    Danke, bascule!
    BTW.. for the folks that use bittorrent, here is a link to the BT file..
    http://alge.nlc.no/linux-2.6.0.tar.bz2.torrent

    Happy compiling! :)
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

    Comment


    • #3
      2.6.0 - Freezing?

      I'm having a few problems, erm...
      when it boots, it sit there for ages, couldnt figure it out at first,
      but then i found it to be trying to get dhcp for my network card,
      now, even though 2.6.0 had found my network card, it didnt seem to support it!? it was compiled into it fine etc...
      its got to be the single most widly used 10/100 card in the world,
      (and one of the worst speed wise :P) : RTL8139C,
      eh, cheap NZ$15 card :P
      anyone with any ideas?
      chrz, bai

      Comment


      • #4
        are you compiling support for it into the kernel or as a module?

        I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

        Comment


        • #5
          module,
          and the module is there! - 8139too.o

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sammcj2000
            module, and the module is there! - 8139too.o
            Is the module being loaded before the DHCP client starts? I'm guessing not... it won't be loaded automatically through mechanisms like modprobe
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
            [ redacted ]

            Comment


            • #7
              2.6.0 network

              oooo ok i see,
              just a question, whats your fav distro?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sammcj2000
                just a question, whats your fav distro?

                No. We've had enough distro wars to last a lifetime.

                Anyone replies to that particularly question, and it's straight to the bitbucket.
                the fresh princess of 1338

                What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sammcj2000
                  oooo ok i see,
                  just a question, whats your fav distro?

                  Slackware of course.

                  Originally posted by octalpus
                  No. We've had enough distro wars to last a lifetime.

                  Anyone replies to that particularly question, and it's straight to the bitbucket.
                  Bite me :D
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X