No announcement yet.

So um...how do I collect Unemployment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So um...how do I collect Unemployment?

Welpers,

I knew I'd get laid off from my wonderful Comic book selling job... though I was hoping it was in the summer and not the day after I'd drained my saving account to pay off my credit card ...and since most of you are all Dot-Comers.... I figured that this might be a good place to ask about collecting Unemployment.

How does this work and anyone know the best ways to go about getting it?

Anyone wanna hire a lopey lope?

Jackalope
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

have cy ask yablo's roommate alex, he seems to be an expert on collecting unemployment.

on second thought... don't take any advice from alex.
    "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

unemployment has to be applied for in the state you were employed. The local employment offices should have more info / forms to fill out (may be a part of DHS down there? /me shrugs shoulders..)

.. basically fill out the forms, wait the period...
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
        .. basically fill out the forms, wait the period...
        And in California, '...watch them to fuck it up at least twice before waiting six weeks to make a decision...'

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
          And in California, '...watch them to fuck it up at least twice before waiting six weeks to make a decision...'

Dude that's like.....so kewl!

I did a lot of research on line last night, looks like CO just hands it to pretty much anybody, but I'm not sure.....kinda weird that way...

oh yeah, in other news, this happned across the street a couple days ago, i got to hear gunshots...weee.....(this will take 30 seconds to read)

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...89/detail.html

jackalope
          DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
            I miss living in Fort Collins, where the violence was random.
            In Southern California, we just had a 14 year old boy get gunned down while running with the high school track team, by his DAD, less than a mile down from my office. No one really batted an eye.
            Dad Kills Son

What blows about unemployment, is that its usally a fraction of what you are use to.

://aGGona
            ....<>.....................................
            .....<I dont' want the world, I just want your half>

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
              oh yeah, in other news, this happned across the street a couple days ago, i got to hear gunshots...weee.....(this will take 30 seconds to read)
              I love fort collins and it's shitty newspaper the Coloradoan, where i have to read denver newspapers to get news, since the coloradoan doesn't report on ANYTHING ever, even stuff that happens in fort collins.
              "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Make sure you phone your local workforce commission office. Some states are really nice (like TX!) and you don't even have to come in to the office. Most of the offices really blow and you have to wait ages to see someone, so it's always a benefit to find that you can do it without going in.

I had called to get the location of my nearest office and before I knew it, I had applied over the phone, and I was being directed to register for work online. Very convenient!! After that, I only needed to call in once every other week to run through an automated query on whether I made any money and to certify that I was looking for work.
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Go to San Francisco, tell them you are a woman trapped in a man's mental state in a woman's body. That backward town will give you just about anything.

Maybe you can now DJ for CoonCon 1.666!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    Go to San Francisco, tell them you are a woman trapped in a man's mental state in a woman's body. That backward town will give you just about anything.

Maybe you can now DJ for CoonCon 1.666!

Hmmm I'm trapped. Ok I can tell them that.

No actual Djing for Cooncons, I REALLY REALLY LOVE raccons even if they're a giant annoying pain. :p I'll stick to the remote dj action for the Coons.... :)

jackalope
                    DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

HEY!

I used to live in San Francisco when I was younger, and I totally agree!!!!

Fusian

Comment

i dont know about CO but in CA you can apply over the phone and never have to enter an office.
                        "so many books, so little time"

Comment

Unemployment in CO takes about three to four weeks to collect after you complete your paperwork and hand it in.
                          "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                            Unemployment in CO takes about three to four weeks to collect after you complete your paperwork and hand it in.
                            I begin my adventure on Monday! Yay!

now my stupid work is all like "well can you come in on so and so a day and just work on that day..lalalala...." yeah whatever guys...

jackalope
                            DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

hmm, if they're like "just work this one day a week" don't do that, since it'll make uneligible for unemployment.

Comment

Working...
                              X