X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US and Color Coding?

I was just checking out the news...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Apperently we have a new thing with color codes...a security system at airports which rates flyers

RED-Grouded
    YELLOW-Extra checks
    GREEN-normal

This is going to be fun for Defcon, I wonder if your past will be included in this rating system

Now, according to what I have read the hijackers of 9-11 had stolen ID, and where still allowed on the plane.
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Originally posted by ck3k
    I was just checking out the news...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Apperently we have a new thing with color codes...a security system at airports which rates flyers

RED-Grouded
    YELLOW-Extra checks
    GREEN-normal

This is going to be fun for Defcon, I wonder if your past will be included in this rating system

Now, according to what I have read the hijackers of 9-11 had stolen ID, and where still allowed on the plane.
    Hmm.. I am sure they don't tell you what you rating is.. to bad, it would be an interesting test to see the percentage of non-fed convention attendees getting each rank..
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
      Hmm.. I am sure they don't tell you what you rating is.. to bad, it would be an interesting test to see the percentage of non-fed convention attendees getting each rank..
      All I know is that I still appear to be on the TSA's shake-down-and-hassle list. Every time I have flown within the US since September 11th, I've been called for every single 'random' search at the airport.

Looks like Rick Forno coincidentally has a similar piece running today - it's from the P.J. O"Rourke school of the best factual material being somewhat embellished, and a rather interesting read.
      Last edited by skroo; January 12, 2004, 16:11.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
        All I know is that I still appear to be on the TSA's shake-down-and-hassle list. Every time I have flown within the US since September 11th, I've been called for every single 'random' search at the airport.
        As I have. And I wonder what exactly I carry to set off the metal detectors....nothing in my pockets....no bag... yet that lil' thingy beeps damn near every time...

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
          And I wonder what exactly I carry to set off the metal detectors
          is that a pickle in your pants, or are you just happy to fly with us?
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
          X