X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CompGeek

Greetings to the Defcon Community. :)

I have a question that is killing me. Is there any way possible to un-install Internet Explorer from Windows 2000?

I've tried deleting all of the registry keys, and associated files, but the executable and dll inside the internet explorer folder re-create themselves.....

Please help, I hate IE!

Straight from the horses mouth:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q293907

Incidently, I found this by typing 'uninstalling Internet Explorer' into Google. Google is your friend.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Re-read

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clear enough.......

Even when I follow this process you found Noid, Internet Explorer is STILL there. Even thought it does remove it from the start menu, and my desktop, the Internet Explorer Folder is STILL there, as well as the executable for Internet Explorer. It just uninstalls a portion of IE, but somehow regenerates the 2 components hmmapi.dll and iexplore.exe.

If I delete these two files, it magically (ok its not magic) restores the two files......isn't that handy!

I suspect there's a file somewhere in the System32 or System folder that looks to the Internet Explorer folder and conveniently replaces those for you...just in case of course.

Strike one Noid. :P

Next!

Comment

Originally posted by CompGeek

Strike one Noid. :P

Next!

You're new, Noid was trying to help you and noid is cooler then you. Don't be a dick you little shit head.

Strike one for you!

Comment

/sigh

Wasn't trying to be a dick.
          Just that it didn't answer the question.

Didn't mean to be mean. Sorry.

Comment

I have a question that is killing me. Is there any way possible to un-install Internet Explorer from Windows 2000?
            Try http://www.litepc.com/
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
            45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
            [ redacted ]

Comment

Found it...

Ok...its inside System32, dllcache, and you have to delete the two files I listed. Otherwise, it just re-copies those into the Internet Explorer folder under Program Files.

Hurray!

Comment

Wasn't trying to be a dick.........
                yeah?..... well you didn't seem to be trying not to....

Just that it didn't answer the question.
                and he was just trying to help.....

Didn't mean to be mean. Sorry.
                hehehehehe....look everyone... he thinks he was being mean!!
                You weren't being "mean" persay... just a little disrespectful to someone that went out of his way (not that he has better things to do or anything) to try and help you with a question that you asked..... a "thank you" would have done nicely, if not for the soulition, for the effort. *see Miss Marples Guide to Manners*
                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

The irony here, is that I didnt feel he was being mean to me at all.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                    quiet you... we'll let you know when you are offended...... geez.... give 'em books and and take 'em to school and all they do is eat the teacher
                    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by noid
                      Poor guy, you get so used and abused you don't remember when it is supposed to hurt anymore.

Comment

you guys are all so mean.. i can't take it anymore. these forums.. so unhappy.. eeek!

I reviewed the doc again for the first time in a while.. it does appear to give microsoft's official answer in detail. Did I miss something?

question,answer,request for more detail,flaming,bitching,flaming...
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                          question,answer,request for more detail,flaming,bitching,flaming...
                          hell... you had been gone so long we were wondering what all you had forgotten... but atleast you remembered the basic formula.... I am so proud of you

Comment

Working...
                          X