Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions

Six months from now it will be Defcon time. I'd like to see how astute some of the folks are here. What do you think we will have in 6 months that we do not have now? Or, what will be on the horizon in six months that is not even a dream now?

Sure we will probably have 3.5GHz chips, better batteries, a new Mac laptop, and other boring stuff that any script kiddie can predict.

Will someone set a standard for a new 802.1x protocol?
    Will Pixie Dust technology have a successor?
    Will there be a new DVD format added to the mess we have already?
    Will the PATRIOT Act catch a computer criminal?
    Will AOL become a respectable ISP?
    Will SPAM stop?
    Will Microsoft announce a successor to XP?
    Will Linux be available in 31flavors?

Think up your best ideas and post them here. At Defcon we can see what has come true, and who has gotten the closest to what will be.

Since I'm the King of Wishful Thinking... I hope PDTP has begun to overtake BitTorrent...
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Comment

SCO wins their ludicrous lawsuit.

You know it's going to happen. We have a judicial system that made a millionaire out of a woman too stupid to know that coffee is hot, found OJ not guilty, sent Heidi Fliess to jail, can't make up it's mind whether or not Micro$oft is a monopoly, let's the execs at Enron off virtually scot free, even heard a case that argued Shelton Lee somehow owns the rights to the word Spike.

Do you really think that this judicial system will see that SCO is full of shit?

I don't.
      perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

My predictions:

1. Blackwave will resurface with a drink in his hand and a tan

2. Sco will crumble from the weight of thier legal bills and the lawyers will be laughing all the way to the bank

3. The United States will continue to be a source of frightening amusement to the rest of the world as they run from thier own shadows

4. Chris will give someone the finger

5. Fucktard Hall will soon require it's own seperate storage media due to it's exponentially increasing size before con

6. Wardriving will suffer another setback as another asshat gets caught doing something on someone elses connection and the entire community gets branded.

7. A major financial transaction technology will be laid bare for the world to see it's huge insecurities

8. Microsoft will anounce a new technology that will 'change the world' while everyone wonders what drunken monkey designed the kit

9. Another major country in the world will dump MS and goto Linux

10. Theo de Raadt will flame someone into a smouldering ruin for asking where IPF went

Just my list of predictions, some I haope for more than others. Some I expect to have fulfilled in the next 10 minutes
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
          Six months from now it will be Defcon time. I'd like to see how astute some of the folks are here. What do you think we will have in 6 months that we do not have now? Or, what will be on the horizon in six months that is not even a dream now?
          In 6 months there will be another gay orgy at Defcon. Neural will lick the entire foot and not just the toes of the filthy girl getting eaten out. A naked gay man will molest Grifter again. Somebody elses talk will get streaked (or worse!). Chris's hotel and room number will be plastered on all the public restrooms again, incase anyone needs a good time. Everyone will puke at some point. Greg at Quarks willl hang himself from his testicles in the klingon exhibit when we come back in town. The Fire Marshall will be sodomized (cause he's into that type of thing). And the goons will eat someone (because they eat babies). The forum meet will be bigger this year and Siviak's Scavenger Hunt team will win again. Somebody's Mother will get very drunk and strip. In 10 months from now people will still be trying to get over their hangovers.

Comment

In 6 months I predict everyone will be all up in arms and running arond in circles in anticipation of Defcon 12 which will be 4 weeks away and counting.

:D
            --Shatter

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
            - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

I think SCO might have won... if they'd just stuck to suing crappy linux companies like Redhat, Lindows and what not, but suing IBM is a deathwish... they might as well have sued Microsoft.
              "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                Everyone will puke at some point.
                HA 3 cons and ive never puked! lets see what #4 will bring!!

an interesting story; McGruffD puked last year, not from alcohol but after walking into the bathroom where another dc719er had just done their business! anyone wanna share a room?? ahaha
                ARRR!

Comment

FORTRAN, PASCAL, ORCA, & COBOL programmers will make a come back. (I'm nuts for saying it but I can't help it)

Some big-wig from the RIAA we be arrested for the exact thing their trying to fight for.

*Wishful thinking* All cars will come standard with WIfI equipment

And no one from DC719 gets sick at the con.
                  "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Pezzvision

Comment

Sco wil lose

googles IPO will be nuts (duh)

First multi platform worm will be released (windows/*nix or mac/windows something to that effect)

We will suffer another major power outage due to a "scada failure" (read attack)

I will find a better job paying me way to much money to do basicly nothing.

I will finaly get my ass to a defcon and ignore all previous and emergency situations that pop up.
                      "O praeclarum custodem ovium lupum!"

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        Will Pixie Dust technology have a successor?
                        or more importantly... will Pixie Sticks be regulated by the DEA?
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                          In which pool will the conception take place?

Comment

Originally posted by pezz

Pezzvision is wrong and corrupted:

http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.p...4&page=7&pp=15

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                              Where's your blind faith?

Originally posted by murakami
                              In which pool will the conception take place?
                              Vision now fuzzy...fading...fading...that is all....

Your small donation of $100 USD will help to enhance Pezzvision and bring it to all of the lost souls in the world...

Perhaps I should begin Ebaying my visions.

Comment

Working...
                              X