Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidest case mod ever

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1133/index.asp

This guy took a G5 and modded an Athlon motherboard into the case... WTF, someone please beat this guy to a bloody pulp with the cluebat
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
    [ redacted ]

Originally posted by bascule

This guy took a G5 and modded an Athlon motherboard into the case... WTF, someone please beat this guy to a bloody pulp with the cluebat
    what a fucking moron.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by bascule

Recipient #37 of the Chokey Award for outstanding performance in the field of mental defectiveness.

Comment

Jesus Fucking Christ, his narrative is almost as bad as the act.

Here are his reasons for such a heinous act.

"Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure G5 is a great computer, but I wanted a Dell for Christmas. I don’t have any programs for Apple and didn’t feel like waiting for them. I thought about selling it, but my parents would be upset with me. After all, this was a very expensive gift and it meant a lot to them to give to me."

"It’s a good thing my parents don’t know anything about computers, because I’m sure they would be really angry if they knew what I did. I have to say that I'm happy - I can keep on using XP."

Here is what he replaced it with:

"The board is a Biostar Micro ATX, with a 2200 Athlon XP with an Adaptec 29160 SCSI controller and two 36 GB Atlas 10K V hard drives. I am stuck using the onboard video because there is no AGP slot. I had no money for a SATA controller and quite honestly, I swear by SCSI (the G5 comes with SATA drives)."

Dell doesn't sell athlons, what a spoiled rich little shit.

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
          Jesus Fucking Christ, his narrative is almost as bad as the act.

Here are his reasons for such a heinous act.
          Dell doesn't sell athlons, what a spoiled rich little shit.
          That was my thoughts.. take the computer away and give the little brat a brightly colored etch-a-sketch.

I have to admit, that is one of the dumbest things I have seen in a while..
          Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I wonder what his parents would think if they discovered they paid $3000 for a case for this guy's crappy Athlon.

"After all, this was a very expensive gift and it meant a lot to them to give to me."

Yes, it so much to you that you immediately gutted it and threw in bottom of the barrel (except for the SCSI subsystem) PC parts which would give you a fraction of the power you would've had with a dual G5.

Couldn't he at least have been smart enough to sell the parts on eBay rather than giving them to his friend?

But hey, with a PC he can run more games on his crappy onboard video, instead of the scant selection of games he could've played on his Mac with his Radeon 9600.

I really get a kick out of this fact that this rich ignoramus wasn't smart enough to spend an extra $40 and bought a good MicroATX nForce 2 motherboard like the Asus A7N8X-VM which would've come with *gasp* an AGP slot, which would allow him to have a video chipset better than the GeForce 4 MX (which is unbelievably lousy, and on par with a GeForce 2)

Why must the rich be so stupid....
            [ redacted ]

Comment

"It’s a good thing my parents don’t know anything about computers, because I’m sure they would be really angry if they knew what I did."

Hell, I don't think he knows much about computers either.

I think someone should get ahold of the parents and show them the site so the son can beaten to a bloody pulp for being so dumb.
              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Nothing says quality like Biostar... wow.. he really outsmarted his parents this time
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

wonder if it is to late to call dibs on the internals that arent up to his "par"

check out this case mod

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=718408

ha sorta like this one my self haha
                  "O praeclarum custodem ovium lupum!"

Comment

Just showed the G5 butchery to my 14 yo. Quote, "Andy must die."

Comment

How to waste $3000, and make yourself look incredibally stupid in the process:

1.) Get a brand new dual processor G5, then
                      2.) Rip out everything,
                      3.) Cut out the back of the case so I can use a PC motherboard, and Install an Athlon motherboard.

I can not for the life of me figure out what would posess that man to do such a stupid act.
                      I think it would be appropriate to call a moment of silence for the G5 that has been ruthlessly maimed.
                      The dude abides.

Comment

i could careless if this fool hollowed out a G5, its his, regardless of if he is spolied, rich or just a moron(which he proved).
                        he has enough time to sit there and write how he MODed his case, what he should have done was taken that time to learn to use the MAC.
                        "so many books, so little time"

Comment

So "Andy" inspired me.

Sure the Mona Lisa is internationally regarded as a great painting, but I don't think Di Vinci went as far as he could with today's modern technology.

So, I opened up the Mona Lisa in the foremost image editing tool on the planet, MS Paint, and tried to see if I could improve it at all.

I think it was an awesome success, check it out:

Did I capture her weird crooked smile or what?!
                          [ redacted ]

Comment

Looks like the perfect logo for the G6.

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
                              He's proud of that shit?
                              Of course he is... He's a shithead, after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X