Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only in the South...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Only in the South...

    Ga. Official Wants to Replace 'Evolution'

    This is fucking sad.. a part of the country that NEEDS to evolve is afraid of the word..

    I can recall less than 10 years ago when a teacher I had for science would teach creation first, then evolution second..
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

  • #2
    Originally posted by che
    Ga. Official Wants to Replace 'Evolution'

    This is fucking sad.. a part of the country that NEEDS to evolve is afraid of the word..

    I can recall less than 10 years ago when a teacher I had for science would teach creation first, then evolution second..

    Leave it to Georgia

    Comment


    • #3
      Evolution is when your parents are not related by blood, and I guess that thinking just don't go to well in Gawguw.

      Comment


      • #4
        One can only hope this would keep a certain bloated and crufty Ximian MUA off of school computers as well...
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice to see that in someplaces being a stupid fucking hillbilly never goes out of style.

          I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

          Comment


          • #6
            "When evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve."

            Fun fact: I went to the Denver Museum of Natural History a few years ago to see their dinosaur skeletons, and one display they had was of a dictionary from 1875 open to the page evolution was on. In 1875, the word evolution only meant either a term related to miltary troops marching in formation or a mathematical concept.

            that article was awesome just for what Jimmy Carter said: "As a Christian, a trained engineer and scientist, and a professor at Emory University, I am embarrassed by Superintendent Kathy Cox's attempt to censor and distort the education of Georgia's students,"
            "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by noid
              Nice to see that in someplaces being a stupid fucking hillbilly never goes out of style.

              Futher proof that mo matter how much of an assclown dsomebody is, there is always a place where they can be accepted for who they are, surrounded by idiots.

              Georgia for some, Defcon for others. :D

              hee hee
              --Shatter

              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
              - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

              Comment


              • #8
                /dev/null, a small town in Ga...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by noid
                  Nice to see that in someplaces being a stupid fucking hillbilly never goes out of style.
                  Not only not going out of style, but in some places the norm. I am amazed at some of the farming communities that seem to PREFER their people be stupid.. almost against education. I have worked jobs in a factory and a mill, and at both places I got fucked with hard over having some college. They had the mentality of "working is good enough for me, so it should be good enough for my kids."... I don't get it..
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by che
                    Not only not going out of style, but in some places the norm. I am amazed at some of the farming communities that seem to PREFER their people be stupid.. almost against education. I have worked jobs in a factory and a mill, and at both places I got fucked with hard over having some college. They had the mentality of "working is good enough for me, so it should be good enough for my kids."... I don't get it..
                    I know what you mean, Che. I have worked in the Oil and Gas industry for almost 30 years and when I started college last year I noticed a change in the attitude of the people that I work with. As far as those people in Ga. are concerned, I think that everyone in the south is trying so hard to be politically correct and to put to rest the hillbilly image that at times we may stumble over our own feet. Bear with us as we evolve....
                    I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Floydr47
                      I know what you mean, Che. I have worked in the Oil and Gas industry for almost 30 years and when I started college last year I noticed a change in the attitude of the people that I work with. As far as those people in Ga. are concerned, I think that everyone in the south is trying so hard to be politically correct and to put to rest the hillbilly image that at times we may stumble over our own feet. Bear with us as we evolve....
                      Heh.. but the folks in GA can't evolve.. they want to get rid of the word! :P
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X