Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alia Sabur

For those who are not following the story yet, here's the link

Alia is a 14yr old female starting her doctorate at Drexel University. She is musically talented as well. If I had a left nut, i'd gladly give it to be in her shoes.

She began reading at 8 months!!!

At that rate she will be approaching menopause at 26.

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
      If I had a left nut, i'd gladly give it to be in her shoes.
      OK, but: having been in a similar position (though not to exactly the same degree): be glad you aren't. It's damn near impossible to fit in socially if you're at that sort of academic level.

Comment

Originally posted by skroo
        OK, but: having been in a similar position (though not to exactly the same degree): be glad you aren't. It's damn near impossible to fit in socially if you're at that sort of academic level.
        Agreed. But then I never actually fit in during my academic years. From the 9th grade on it was common to be in High School and Trade School courses with nothing but males. I can sort of sympathise, but her mother is making an effort to maintain her exposure to teenagers of the same age.
        One can see both the gift/curse that has been placed upon her shoulders.

Comment

alia

For those who are not following the story yet, here's the link

Alia is a 14yr old female starting her doctorate at Drexel University. She is musically talented as well. If I had a left nut, i'd gladly give it to be in her shoes.

She began reading at 8 months!!!
          yeah, talk about a child prodegy!! I does have a downside though... I'd rather have a normal childhood and Then go to college and stuff. I mean, think of all the things she's missing out on?

Comment

yes, but if you will note, the article states her "love of instant messaging friends". she already fits in socially at home....wait a minute!!!!
            Life is white,
            and I am black.
            Jesus and his lawyer
            are coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by leman_russ
              yeah, talk about a child prodegy!! I does have a downside though... I'd rather have a normal childhood and Then go to college and stuff. I mean, think of all the things she's missing out on?
              True, but on the same note, is it possible to understand the ability to read things 1 time and get it completely? If this were true, AND she reads 100pgs per hour, how much is she really spending in study time?

Comment

True, but on the same note, is it possible to understand the ability to read things 1 time and get it completely? If this were true, AND she reads 100pgs per hour, how much is she really spending in study time?
                that also depends on how much time she is spending with those "instant messaging friends"....
                Life is white,
                and I am black.
                Jesus and his lawyer
                are coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by wetw3rx
                  that also depends on how much time she is spending with those "instant messaging friends"....
                  Every minute in our life is learning time, in one way or another, studies do not have to be so structured as most people seems to believe, that is just a missconception, like assuming that because someone is female therefore she can only play with dolls... A human being may follow the path of knowledge the best way he/her can, even in some not so aceptable ways by society. Perhaps if society were to take a more tolerant possition and offer a wide arraign of possibilities and less trouble for everyone.

Fit in... those are painful times, and leave scars.
                  Love is a Mental Illness

Comment

No... She is going to Drexel, where a great majority of the people have ZERO social skills. So of course she will fit right in.

Comment

Let me guess her future. She will fall in love with and marry the Star Wars Kid.

Comment

I think some Rush is in order here...

o/` Subdivisions in the high school halls... in the shopping malls, conform or be cast out! Subdivisions in the basement bars... in the backs of cars... be cool or be cast out!
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                        [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by blauman
                          Every minute in our life is learning time, in one way or another, studies do not have to be so structured as most people seems to believe, that is just a missconception, like assuming that because someone is female therefore she can only play with dolls... A human being may follow the path of knowledge the best way he/her can, even in some not so aceptable ways by society. Perhaps if society were to take a more tolerant possition and offer a wide arraign of possibilities and less trouble for everyone.

Fit in... those are painful times, and leave scars.
                          uh, ok! really don't get the correllation to my comment, but, ok! and yeah i played with dolls as a young boy, Big Jim with the Kung Fu Grip; and don't get me started about my Stretch Armstrong.

just a square peg in a round hole, leaving as many scars, stretch marks, and gaping chest wounds as possible. lighten up.......
                          Life is white,
                          and I am black.
                          Jesus and his lawyer
                          are coming back.

Comment

Working...
                          X