1st time at defcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time at defcon

this year i will be going to my first defcon. I hope it will be a gradual experience if i can accuratly plan the my trip. My questions are as followed.

1. From NYC to LA, where to LA do i have to book my flight to, when should i make the ticket airval dates/time to?

2. In LA, which hotel is the best to stay at, what is their tel#, what are the costs?

3. When is Defcon12 and where is it going to be held?

4. Can I order my confernce ticket online, rather than having to wait in line to purchase them in LA?

5. I'm a fair knowledgable noob, should i bring my laptop or leave it home as only the elites of the elites actual do things on the LA?

1. To have some fun, fly in to Ontario airport (ONT) on Thursday afternoon then take a taxi to Dave and Buster's in the Ontario Mills mall. You can join up the Caravan, a really fun drive to Las Vegas, that is where Defcon is held. If the ticket to ONT is close to the same as a ticket to LAS, go to ONT and enjoy the drive.

2. If you stay in LA you will have one helluda drive to Defcon. If you wanna stay in the Defcon area, book a room at the Alexis Park, where Defcon is held. It costs a little more but you need to stay there for your first time.

3. Last weekend in July, 2004. Chedk the main page, www.defcon.org

4. No, you can ONLY pay in person, CASH, US dollars. Start saving.

5. In your case, leave it at home.
    Last edited by astcell; March 9, 2004, 22:38.

Comment

ok this is just starting to get annoying now.

look 0versight told you here > moron

then i told you in another thread the samething and now you are back again? with the same stupid question...

*sniff, sniff*
      is that BAN i smell in the air?
      *sniff, sniff*
      "so many books, so little time"

Comment

I'm answering this only to avoid having you repost the same questions a second time. In the future, check before reposting the same information. This has already been answered, and most of the questions you're asking can already be found answered here.

1) Why do you want to fly into LA?

2) Anywhere from Motel 6 to the Biltmore. $39/night to several thousand dollars per night.

3) Go to http://www.defcon.org and read.

4) You sound like you're confusing two separate conventions, LayerOne and Defcon.

5. I'm a fair knowledgable noob, should i bring my laptop or leave it home as only the elites of the elites actual do things on the LA?

5) Nobody in LA is elite. We all just read Wired and talk about how cool LAN parties are.

Comment

"3. When is Defcon12 and where is it going to be held?"

how in any way is that question confusing people with layer1 and defcon?

and i'm sorry, i reposted, i'm new to forums. won't happen again. And please, do me a favor and don't state that i'm a moron. ty, you're the one who should get baned...

Comment

Originally posted by g10w

Well, probably because Layer 1 is in Los Angeles (LA, which you asked about) while Def Con is in LAS VEGAS (which is NOT LA).

and i'm sorry, i reposted, i'm new to forums. won't happen again. And please, do me a favor and don't state that i'm a moron. ty, you're the one who should get baned...
            Don't bring your whopping four posts in here and tell us who should get banned.

Every question you asked is answered at www.defcon.org.

Your questions aren't stupid. People don't have a problem with your questions. People have a problem with the fact that the answers are all already printed on the DefCon main page and you seem either unable or unwilling to go look for them.

If info that you want isn't listed on that page, people are more than happy to answer your questions. Read through these forums and you will see that relevant and researched questions are rarely, if ever, met with hostility.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

i apologize for using the word stupid when it came to your question, as Chris stated the question isnt stupid.

what pissed me off is that your question was answered once by 0versight then again by me in a thread you seem to have deleted, then you posted the exact same question.

yeah questions arent stupid people are just ignorant.
              "so many books, so little time"

Comment

Just goto H2K4, it's in NYC and will be Cheaper for you.

Comment

How is it that forum.defcon.org seems easier for people to get to than defcon.org...
                  45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                  45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                  [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule
                    How is it that forum.defcon.org seems easier for people to get to than defcon.org...
                    Because forum.defcon.org is listed under community and the first link on the page, upper left hand corner.
                    However, if you scroll down to the bottom right hand corner of the page it lists:
                    Defcon 12
                    Alexis Park - Las Vegas
                    July 30- Aug 1

I could not locate a link or section of the page which supplied hotel information, cost of attendance, registration information, etc.... Either I am on crack or it's hiding from me.

side note: Thinking like someone visiting the site for the first time, if it is there it is difficult to find.

Comment

Originally posted by pezz
                      side note: Thinking like someone visiting the site for the first time, if it is there it is difficult to find.
                      We need to make it so that the smart people can find this place. It used to be that it took a smart person just to use a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                        We need to make it so that the smart people can find this place. It used to be that it took a smart person just to use a computer.
                        And the Internet was a much better place...
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                        [ redacted ]

Comment

Sure makes me wonder what the asshates of Defcon 3 posted. Probably some very intelligent stuff compared to some of these posts!

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                            Sure makes me wonder what the asshates of Defcon 3 posted. Probably some very intelligent stuff compared to some of these posts!
                            80-column text, mostly.

BBSes and manual modem configuration were a much better social leveller than today's shiny point-click-spew forth interface.

Comment

We need an official notice

The Office Of Homeland Security, In Cooperation With Defcon, Jeff Moss, The Alexis Park Hotel, The City Of Las Vegas And All The Goons, Hereby Outlaw The Use Of Mice And Other Pointing Devices During The Period Of July 30-august 2, Also Known As Defcon.

Elimination Of All Devices Other Than A Computer Keyboard Will Succeed In Limited The Influxs Of Asshats, Fucktards, Terrorists, And Those Idiots Who Give Away Aol Cds.

Anyone Not Cooperative With Above Said Order Shall Soon Find Themselves In Guantanamo Bay, At The Bottom Of Pool #2, Or Crushed By Flea's Ass.

Thank You For Your Cooperation. Remember, If You Use A Mouse, The Asshats, Fucktards And Terrorists Will Have Won.

Have A Nice Day.

Comment

Working...
                              X