This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of us flying in...

Turn on your notebook on the plane and set your wireless card to ad hoc with SSID of DEFCON12. Let's see how many of us are out there on the same flight.

Great idea! Provided that there will be no intrusion atempts or info caching for later use.

Comment

isnt defcon12 boeings privite guidence computer ssid?! are you trying to get us all killed?!
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Good idea.

I'll extend the same offer here as I did on the NS forums (http://forums.netstumbler.com/showth...&threadid=6257)

$5 to the first person who can provide a pic of themselves on a flight with a pringles can antenna (must show collector, not just the outside of the can) that they managed to get past security.

$10 if you manage to get something like a Vagi onboard for the pic.

This is just for fun, don't blame me if you get yourself arrested. I would'nt encourage trying this unless you like people with rubber gloves standing behind you in security
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
          This is just for fun, don't blame me if you get yourself arrested. I would'nt encourage trying this unless you like people with rubber gloves standing behind you in security
          I do, I do!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
            Good idea.

I can see the headlines now... "Hackers attempt hijack on the way to convention.."
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

We'll make a new term. Skyhackers. Or Hackjackers. :D

Comment

any prizes for bluetooth hacking on the planes? ;)

Comment

For anyone flying...

Anyone connecting in Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                    Turn on your notebook on the plane and set your wireless card to ad hoc with SSID of DEFCON12. Let's see how many of us are out there on the same flight.
                    wireless + aircraft + a nation in mourning = bad scene

Comment

Originally posted by wifigurl
                      Anyone connecting in Denver?
                      ya, my friend and i will be connecting in DEN on july 28th via UA1050, and then returning on august 4th on UA1063. i assume you're flying utd?
                      Last edited by phobal; March 31, 2004, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                      X