This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving from Chicago, IL

I will be leaving from the northern Chicago-land area. I should have, atleast 3 people from DCG773 with me. I am aware of the DCG group from Naperville and will be taking steps to contact their POC to see if they'd like to caravan with us.

MAP'd! BAM!

If you live somewhere along the purple line, we'd, probably, be willing to pick you up...

As of now we've got a Lincoln Town Car... I'm not sure about the one other car we've been talking about... it's some form of SUV, I believe.

If you're interested, gimme an email d3thStaR /at/ rootthief.com or, of course, post here.

Originally posted by d3thStaR
    I will be leaving from the northern Chicago-land area. I should have, atleast 3 people from DCG773 with me. I am aware of the DCG group from Naperville and will be taking steps to contact their POC to see if they'd like to caravan with us.

MAP'd! BAM!

If you live somewhere along the purple line, we'd, probably, be willing to pick you up...

As of now we've got a Lincoln Town Car... I'm not sure about the one other car we've been talking about... it's some form of SUV, I believe.

If you're interested, gimme an email d3thStaR /at/ rootthief.com or, of course, post here.

I don't know if you got my e-mail but, i'm in St. Louis, MO and i need a ride bad, my b-day is on may 25th so i'll be loaded, i'll pay for half the gas if your driving.

Contact me soon.

- Linuxclown@Yahoo.com

Http://www.Underground-Hackers.org
    "The Brain is the Minds slave..."
    " Your Brain is your Minds slave... "

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxClown
      I don't know if you got my e-mail but, i'm in St. Louis, MO and i need a ride bad, my b-day is on may 25th so i'll be loaded, i'll pay for half the gas if your driving.
      If you'll be loaded, why not just fly? Southwest Is usually pretty cheap and they fly outta St. Louis.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/

Comment

Maybe he's referring to an alternate definition for the word *loaded*?
        “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Originally posted by spahkle
          Maybe he's referring to an alternate definition for the word *loaded*?
          If he is, you can handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
            If he is, you can handle it.
            Lol, nice. I wasn't refering to being 'loaded' although some people must have 'some' protection when riding with strangers and going to DC. Anyway i meant loaded on cash, hence the b-day quote. I would fly, but i want to get to know people so i can hang with them instead of walking around group jumping. I'm a suspicous looking guy so alot of attention would circle me easily.
            Oh and i'd also like to be with a group to share a room with, i'm not anti-social, i don't smell, and i'm fairly good looking so i wont scare any of your women away. :D

Comment

I would fly, but i want to get to know people so i can hang with them instead of walking around group jumping.
              That's cool. But don't limit yourself to one set group of people... Move around, meet more people. Buy me a beer, and I will be happy to talk to you.

I'm a suspicous looking guy so alot of attention would circle me easily.
              In normal circumstances many defconites would be considereder "suspicious looking". At defcon, you'll be just another face in the crowd.

i'm fairly good looking so i wont scare any of your women away. :D
              Are you hitting on me?

Comment

Lol, nice. I wasn't refering to being 'loaded' although some people must have 'some' protection when riding with strangers and going to DC.
                That discussion is a can of worms to avoid

Anyway i meant loaded on cash, hence the b-day quote.
                in many peoples minds, birthday + loaded doesn't equal money.. especially in Vegas.. especially at Defcon

I would fly, but i want to get to know people so i can hang with them instead of walking around group jumping.
                Consider arriving a couple of days early (by car or plane) and attend the forum gathering, or get in Thursday and meet some people "Pre-Con" (i.e. before it's really busy/full). The majority of the time, the people I met on Thursday were the people I've spent the most time with during Defcon.

Spending a number of days in the same car with individuals I've never met (and may not like) doesn't appearl to me personally but YMMV.

I'm a suspicous looking guy so alot of attention would circle me easily...and i'm fairly good looking so i wont scare any of your women away.
                Ditto what HW said. It's guaranteed there are many people who are more interesting than you, but anything's possible with Beer Goggles (and HW likes the attention)
                Last edited by spahkle; May 13, 2004, 13:21. Reason: English Nazis

Comment

I've never been good at intergrating in conversations, prior attempts have resulted in them going Windows ME on me, [Blowing up in my face]. I knew exactly what i was talking about, they didn't, i tried to speak-up and they started a small pat to kick me out for knowing to much. I'm a jack of all trades, i know a bit of everything and when i hear something not right i'll jump in and say it.
                  I've seen alot of past DC events. The women there are lovely, so what i meant was if you were to bring some back to the room [and if i were bunking there] you wouldnt have to wonder are they thinking "Jesus, who's that guy..[grunts]" lol.
                  To avoid re-posting, i'll state the issue here, i altered the Index.html file for 'anonymous permissions' and it went all Windows ME on me. Anyway i can restore my settings? etc...etc..

Subject at hand > Http://www.Underground-Hackers.org
                  If anyone could help, i'll be greatly thankful, and i'll give you a free [U][H] t-shirt lol.

- Linuxclown [U][H] Administrator.

" The Brain is the Minds slave... "
                  Last edited by LinuxClown; May 13, 2004, 13:39.

Comment

I've seen alot of past DC events. The women there are lovely,
                    You may be a more *interesting* individual than I first thought...

so what i meant was if you were to bring some back to the room [and if i were bunking there] you wouldnt have to wonder are they thinking "Jesus, who's that guy..[grunts]" lol.
                    Some of the women who get brought back to rooms get paid not to care (or so the rumour goes)

To avoid re-posting, i'll state the issue here, i altered the Index.html file for 'anonymous permissions' and it went all Windows ME on me. Anyway i can restore my settings? etc...etc..

Subject at hand > Http://www.Underground-Hackers.org
                    If anyone could help, i'll be greatly thankful, and i'll give you a free [U][H] t-shirt lol.
                    > server 4.2.2.1
                    Default Server: vnsc-pri.sys.gtei.net
                    Address: 4.2.2.1

> underground-hackers.org
                    Server: vnsc-pri.sys.gtei.net
                    Address: 4.2.2.1

*** vnsc-pri.sys.gtei.net can't find underground-hackers.org: Non-existent domain
                    >

Are you sure it's an index.html issue?
                    Last edited by spahkle; May 13, 2004, 13:50. Reason: disclaimers ad nauseum

Comment

vnsc-pri.sys.gtei.net can't find underground-hackers.org: Non-existent domain

http://www.underground-hackers.org/Index.html

Non-existent? interesting...
                      Try ftp.underground-hackers.org
                      UserName: unde37

..see if it still greps my username. I've had no e-mail saying it's down\under service. It's running on a FreeBSD *Nix OS, running a OC12 Connection, and about 99.8% uptime. It's a pretty dedicated server.

Here is some info from my 2nd HDD, loaded under VMware >

C:\Documents and Settings\all>ftp
                      ftp> o
                      To underground-hackers.org
                      Connected to underground-hackers.org.
                      220 FTP Service
                      User (underground-hackers.org:(none)): unde37
                      331 Password required for unde37.
                      Password:

I reg'ed it with Verio.com hosting.
                      Last edited by LinuxClown; May 13, 2004, 14:11.

Comment

you might want to verify the url/ domain registration

--------------------------------------------------------
                        [whois.verisign-grs.com]

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
                        with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
                        for detailed information.

No match for domain "UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.ORG".
                        Network Solutions
                        Domain Name Search Results
                        Results of your search:
                        underground-hackers.net is available.
                        underground-hackers.org is available.
                        underground-hackers.com is unavialable.

According to verisign, your domain doesn't exist.

Comment

I can see this has become more then a simple change of permissions error.
                          I'm not dumb enough to delete my account, and i know my staff isn't.

http://hosting.verio.com/index.php?S...ackers&tld=ORG

UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.ORG is not available!

You may select additional domains from the following.

UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.NET
                          UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.BIZ
                          UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.INFO
                          UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.US
                          UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.TO
                          UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.CO.UK

Luckily i save all of my documents, i'll post my e-mail message from when i reg'ed it a while back.
                          Last edited by LinuxClown; May 13, 2004, 14:42.

Comment

2. YOUR HOSTING ACCOUNT'S INFORMATION

Your new Verio UNIX-based hosting account is now active on our server
                            and ready for use. The information that you need to manage your web
                            hosting account is as follows:

Your New Verio Account Information
                            ----------------------------------

DOMAIN: underground-hackers.org
                            USERID: unde37
                            PASSWORD: ************************
                            FTP HOSTNAME: ftp.underground-hackers.org
                            URL: http://www.underground-hackers.org or
                            http://underground-hackers.org
                            IP Address: 204.200.216.216
                            PLAN TYPE: Silver (FreeBSD)

The domain name server (DNS) information shown below contains the zone
                            files for your account. To fully utilize your new account, your domain
                            name should resolve to these domain name servers. To accomplish this,
                            please contact the Registrar with whom you registered your domain name.

If your new account with us included the registration of a new domain
                            name, then your domain is already resolving to the following servers: No
                            further action is required on your part for your new domain name.

Domain Name Server (DNS) Information
                            ------------------------------------

PRIMARY NAMESERVER: ns19a.nameservers.net
                            PRIMARY ADDRESS: 161.58.134.98
                            SECONDARY NAMESERVER: ns19b.nameservers.net
                            SECONDARY ADDRESS: 161.58.134.114

Note that Verio is not responsible for transferring web site files that
                            you may have hosted with another Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 8:40:19 GMT
                            To: LinuxClown@Yahoo.com
                            Subject: Verio Order Confirmation
                            From: "Ordermasters at Verio" <ordermaster@verio.net> Add to Address Book

Thank you for placing your order on Verio.com!

You have ordered:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION TERM SETUP COST TOTAL
                            Domain Name Registration UNDERGROUND-HACKERS.ORG 5 yr. $75.00 $75.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Hosting Silver Plan 12 mo. FREE $45.80/mo $549.60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please review your order information carefully.
                            This is the amount your credit card will be charged.

Today's Total:
                            Then every 12 months: $624.60
                            $549.60

Your order has been received and is being processed. You will be notified shortly by e-mail with the following important information:

Order Confirmation Notice with Order #
                            Activation Notice that contains user ID and Password for your account
                            Successful Domain Registration Notification (Only applicable if new registration was requested)
                            ** For products or services other than Basic Web Hosting, you may be contacted by phone or e-mail regarding those services.

If you do not receive this email confirmation within the next 24 hours please contact us at ordermaster@verio.net.

Thank you again for choosing Verio.

Well, hmmm......this is mind boggling.

Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 14:49:47 -0400 (EDT)
                            To: LinuxClown@Yahoo.com
                            From: "Verio Domain Services" <sales@verio-hosting.com> Add to Address Book
                            Subject: [underground-hackers.org] has been approved!

Congratulations on your new DOMAIN NAME, [underground-hackers.org],
                            your unique address on the Information Highway! You'll
                            be happy to know your Domain registration is complete.
                            Your complimentary "Welcome Page" web site will appear
                            within one business day.

Verio is the world's largest domain name web hosting
                            facility. From starting your first web site, to
                            multimedia and electronic commerce, we have the
                            reliable services and expert support you'll need.

Now that you have registered your domain name we would
                            like to remind you that we offer complete business web
                            hosting services starting at less than a dollar a day! You
                            get the server disk space, the large bandwidth
                            allotment and the reliable service you need in order to
                            be a success in today's competitive market place.

Visit us at http://www.verio.com. We can have your new
                            web site up and running in less than 24 hours. Our 30
                            day money back guarantee insures your satisfaction.
                            Last edited by LinuxClown; May 13, 2004, 14:46.

Comment

Seems more of a problem with registrar communication and dns root-server updates.
                              Considering that it was only 5 days ago, it doesn't really surpise me.

My mistake was only checking the single registrar and root-server. My apologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X