Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bess's Filtering Proxy

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bess's Filtering Proxy

    @ my school we run through a bess proxy, i'm just curious about some methods that could be used to bypass restricted sites, i'm not out for porn it's for accessing my web-shells, getting to my ftp-server from home, possibly get a shoutcast network going on up here or something.
    I am aware of the ip address method, using the ip address instead of the hostname, and you cannot disable the proxy and run without one (at least that i'm aware of... anytime i right click internet explorer and goto properties-> connections tab and goto the lan settings tab if i leave the proxy text box blank or if i uncheck the box saying "use a proxy server for your lan..." it won't access the net.) just curious if there are any other ways i could try...
    Additional information if needed about the computers and network:
    Windows XP Professional
    Novell
    Proxy IP:207.235.189.58:80
    (if you need anything else i can look it up)

  • #2
    Originally posted by TheDudeJeff
    @ my school we run through a bess proxy, i'm just curious about some methods that could be used to bypass restricted sites, i'm not out for porn it's for accessing my web-shells, getting to my ftp-server from home, possibly get a shoutcast network going on up here or something.
    I am aware of the ip address method, using the ip address instead of the hostname, and you cannot disable the proxy and run without one (at least that i'm aware of... anytime i right click internet explorer and goto properties-> connections tab and goto the lan settings tab if i leave the proxy text box blank or if i uncheck the box saying "use a proxy server for your lan..." it won't access the net.) just curious if there are any other ways i could try...
    Additional information if needed about the computers and network:
    Windows XP Professional
    Novell
    Proxy IP:207.235.189.58:80
    (if you need anything else i can look it up)

    I would just about bet you didn't search GOOGLE...I searched google, and I found...THIS. Refer to #8, and give it a whirl.

    Qu|rk-

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah I fought damn BESS proxy at my school to the death (well... I grad.) But don't get known to be the 'guy you can get past bess'... I'd have people coming up to me all the time asking me to get them past bess, or kill bess... bla bla bla ANYways...

      The BESS server where I live is a local proxy housed at the local County of Education. (bess.scoe.org) (running RH linux with 22,80,443 open)
      I just had about 3-4 fast free proxy server IP's or sites that I would use to bypass BESS.
      BESS is really evil for any that don't know, they block the google img search. They also block you for 'loopholes' (ie. trying to get past bess), swimsuits, and some religious stuff....
      Also, try to use HTTPS when connecting to a site, this will bypass the BESS filters.
      Also the proxies that Qu|rk found will work...
      Enjoy!
      The only constant in the universe is change itself

      Comment


      • #4
        when i was in school, illegally copied games for the apple 2 were the only computer problems we had... well, that and morons stealing keys off the keyboards and spelling out "SHIT SEX" on the teacher's computer's homerow.
        "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dYn4mic
          Yeah I fought damn BESS proxy at my school to the death (well... I grad.) But don't get known to be the 'guy you can get past bess'... I'd have people coming up to me all the time asking me to get them past bess, or kill bess... bla bla bla ANYways...

          The BESS server where I live is a local proxy housed at the local County of Education. (bess.scoe.org) (running RH linux with 22,80,443 open)
          I just had about 3-4 fast free proxy server IP's or sites that I would use to bypass BESS.
          BESS is really evil for any that don't know, they block the google img search. They also block you for 'loopholes' (ie. trying to get past bess), swimsuits, and some religious stuff....
          Also, try to use HTTPS when connecting to a site, this will bypass the BESS filters.
          Also the proxies that Qu|rk found will work...
          Enjoy!
          Haha yeah, i've gotten past bess a few times and a few people saw me... i get so many people asking me "how the fuck?" "teach me!" blah blah blah..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Qu|rk
            I would just about bet you didn't search GOOGLE...I searched google, and I found...THIS. Refer to #8, and give it a whirl.

            Qu|rk-
            Actully quirk i did search, but i searched from school, so alot of places were blocked... And i was getting impatient so i posted here... Thank you man... i'll test it out and see if it works.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jesse
              when i was in school, illegally copied games for the apple 2 were the only computer problems we had... well, that and morons stealing keys off the keyboards and spelling out "SHIT SEX" on the teacher's computer's homerow.
              LoL that reminds me last year, me and a friend arranged some keys on a bcis teacher's computer to spell Owned Fuck3r! The teacher lectured every class, like it wasn't obvious it happen'd in our class, cause we did it while she was out doing w/e out of the room.

              Comment


              • #8
                My schools profile is Informatics...and tomorow i have IT&C classes all day long.... 10x for the info! would a screwdriver work for pulling out keys? :D
                BY ACCEPTING THIS BRICK THROUGH YOUR WINDOW, YOU ACCEPT IT AS IS AND AGREE TO MY DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS WELL AS DISCLAIMERS OF ALL LIABILITY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL, THAT MAY ARISE FROM THE INSTALLATION OF THIS BRICK INTO YOUR BUILDING.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheDudeJeff
                  Actully quirk i did search, but i searched from school, so alot of places were blocked... And i was getting impatient so i posted here... Thank you man... i'll test it out and see if it works.

                  My apologies, I forgot that Bess has this nasty tendency to block all things that could be searched for in the way of info gathering to provide a way around it.

                  Qu|rk-

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yeah Bess blocks them as "loopholes"... I've got a trillan school tech pranks and fun stories as im sure we all do... So im not even going to start posting..
                    The only constant in the universe is change itself

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheDudeJeff
                      @ my school we run through a bess proxy, i'm just curious about some methods that could be used to bypass restricted sites, i'm not out for porn it -snip-
                      you don't need to lie here. there's a lot of pretty understanding folk round these parts.

                      and thank god my days under the Bess bitch are over.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        :D use proxy 200.101.1.66 port 8080 its slow but it WORKS.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I got around it using proxys in my years at highschool, however now I just have a shell server, just go to whatever I want there. proxy's dont work if the admin knows a little bit about it, there are several versions of bess, the newest is rather smart.
                          ~:CK:~
                          I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TheDudeJeff
                            @ my school we run through a bess proxy, i'm just curious about some methods that could be used to bypass restricted sites, i'm not out for porn it's for accessing my web-shells, getting to my ftp-server from home, possibly get a shoutcast network going on up here or something.
                            I am aware of the ip address method, using the ip address instead of the hostname, and you cannot disable the proxy and run without one (at least that i'm aware of... anytime i right click internet explorer and goto properties-> connections tab and goto the lan settings tab if i leave the proxy text box blank or if i uncheck the box saying "use a proxy server for your lan..." it won't access the net.) just curious if there are any other ways i could try...
                            Additional information if needed about the computers and network:
                            Windows XP Professional
                            Novell
                            Proxy IP:207.235.189.58:80
                            (if you need anything else i can look it up)
                            adress 127.0.0.1 and port 8616
                            Last edited by noid; June 13, 2005, 09:12.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Not bad. Replying to a thread thats been dead for 9 months that was started by someone who's now banned. I get the feeling you're going to bring a lot to the table.

                              I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X