DefCon pass question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefCon pass question...

Greetings and salutations, or some junk like that.

I'm planning on attending Defcon 12 (was smart enough to get the room at the AP as soon as I learned the dates), and I've cleared most of my questions by reading past posts and the FAQ, but I'm confused about one last thing.

From what I understand, only those with a DefCon pass will be allowed on the Alexis Park property during the Conference, but that doesn't seem to make much sense. What I'm confused about is whether that means just the DefCon area, or does that include the entire hotel (as is implied)? Got to wondering because I'm traveling with friends who aren't going to DefCon, and I was trying to figure out the logistics of meeting with them when I read that.

Originally posted by ceyan
    Greetings and salutations, or some junk like that.

I'm planning on attending Defcon 12 (was smart enough to get the room at the AP as soon as I learned the dates), and I've cleared most of my questions by reading past posts and the FAQ, but I'm confused about one last thing.

From what I understand, only those with a DefCon pass will be allowed on the Alexis Park property during the Conference, but that doesn't seem to make much sense. What I'm confused about is whether that means just the DefCon area, or does that include the entire hotel (as is implied)? Got to wondering because I'm traveling with friends who aren't going to DefCon, and I was trying to figure out the logistics of meeting with them when I read that.

It means the whole hotel (as was implied). You can usually get away with not having a badge if you are in certain area's, ie: they check badges specifically to get into certain area's, but not by pool 3. Also, Defcon doesn't have the personell (see: Number of People) to enforce this throughout the entire venue. So that's the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
      It means the whole hotel (as was implied). You can usually get away with not having a badge if you are in certain area's, ie: they check badges specifically to get into certain area's, but not by pool 3. Also, Defcon doesn't have the personell (see: Number of People) to enforce this throughout the entire venue. So that's the answer.

Thanks, I shouldn't have a problem then, I just cared aobut to and from the Hotel room (not going anywhere near the Con, just outside to room, room to outside).

Comment

I bring my family with me, they do not get a Defcon pass, they just hang out while I hit the Con. Having a room key licenses you to be on the hotel property proper. You will not get into the Con at all, but you will have access to the rest of the hotel.

The AP sells some rooms to regular visitors who are sometimes unaware of Defcon being in the hotel at that time. I suppose DT can reserve the ENTIRE hotel and demand everyone register for Defcon who stays there, but paper trails suck and things work well so far.

Comment

just keep in mind that defcon takes over the entire hotel. and this year harassing AST's family has been added to the scavenger hunt list!
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
            just keep in mind that defcon takes over the entire hotel. and this year harassing AST's family has been added to the scavenger hunt list!
            My family were the bartenders at the Ninja party. Hassle them and you won't get a drink!

Comment

we let them in?

Originally posted by astcell
              My family were the bartenders at the Ninja party. Hassle them and you won't get a drink!
              hmmm.. I hope those were your uh.. SISTERS...

tw

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWeenie
                hmmm.. I hope those were your uh.. SISTERS... tw
                Wife and daughter. :> BTW we will be in Las Vegas in 6 days for daughter's wedding. :>

Comment

Wife and daughter. :> BTW we will be in Las Vegas in 6 days for daughter's wedding. :>
                  so, she's really going through with it?
                  </me reschedules his entire life plans....>
                  the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Yup, she is going through with it! Seems she will not be attending DC12 either. :< You should have made your move at Cooncon!

Comment

he really is an old dog, ain't he.
                      "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Come to CoonCon and then say I'm too old for anything. :D

Comment

Come to CoonCon and then say I'm too old for anything. :D

ASTcell: You will never be too old for me :p

Comment

Working...
                          X