other close hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other close hotels

you know, i found rooms around AP alot cheaper for what you get, and they are like across the street... anyway here is the link for 7/30-8/1

http://www.hotels.com/process_search...V%7C89109%7CUS

You mean the AP isn't the only hotel in vegas?! NO WAY!
    "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by jesse
      You mean the AP isn't the only hotel in vegas?! NO WAY!
      Way.

Theres' a list... I think it's in the FAQ/Bible of about 10 alternatives right there... amazing what a little reading can do for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by d3thStaR
        Way.

Theres' a list... I think it's in the FAQ/Bible of about 10 alternatives right there... amazing what a little reading can do for ya.
        ...or perhaps you just didn't pick up on Jesse's sarcasm...
        You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

the westin just opened up a hotel in vegas. they have cheap ass rooms, and it's 1.5 blocks away from the AP. book it through westin.com, it's the same price as expedicrap and all those other travel sites

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
            the westin just opened up a hotel in vegas. they have cheap ass rooms, and it's 1.5 blocks away from the AP. book it through westin.com, it's the same price as expedicrap and all those other travel sites
            Cheapest thing I see is $131/night, and in Vegas "1.5 blocks away" means "over a mile away."

I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhym
              Cheapest thing I see is $131/night, and in Vegas "1.5 blocks away" means "over a mile away."

I'll pass.
              map alexis park and map the westin, and you'll be amazed how close the two are. but, the price just flew up as of yesterday, so, shit! heh.

get www.travelaxe.com. it's a great tool.

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
                map alexis park and map the westin, and you'll be amazed how close the two are.
                The Westin isn't too far from the AP, but it's probably farther than you think. I'd guess it's probably a 15-20 minute walk, but it'll seem a lot longer in 115 degree heat. Don't get me wrong - it's doable, but you'll probably want to take cabs back and forth most of the time.

Comment

The St. Tropez is fairly inexpensive and is right across the street. You are actually closer to the the Con then some people who are on the far end of the AP.
                  The penguin is watching.
                  "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Last year the HoJo at the airport did some awesome deal.

It was like $60/night....plus some kinda shuttle system between specifically the AP and the hotel.

I didn't use it, but I read reports of people after Defcon where people spoke of it fondly.

Might wanna see if it's happening again.
                    Don't hurt me daddy!

Comment

I say, spend the extra few days salary and go to the nicer hotels that have ammeneties like security, a/c, towels, etc rather than taking a chance at places like the elcortez. I've heard horror stories from people who tried to lo-ball Vegas.

Comment

my 2cents: get as close to the AP as possible. that heat WILL kill you if you have to walk farther than a block. and in the case of dc11, the heat and the torrential RAIN will kill you.
                        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

That rain was pretty kick ass though. Anyways just thought I would toss another idea out for hotels, I have a room at the Residence inn Marriott, I split the cost between my wife and friend and it comes to about $400 for the week, not bad for staying a week in a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette. It is a little ways from DC but its well worth it.
                          If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

Comment

Originally posted by kree
                            That rain was pretty kick ass though. Anyways just thought I would toss another idea out for hotels, I have a room at the Residence inn Marriott, I split the cost between my wife and friend and it comes to about $400 for the week, not bad for staying a week in a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette. It is a little ways from DC but its well worth it.
                            Did you need the two Bedroom Suite? I mean, how much time will you actually spend in your Hotel Room?

Comment

I stayed at the Howard Johnson last year, and wouldn't recommend it. The shuttle to the AP was nice (when the van wasn't down for repairs), but they had to be cajoled and wheedled into running the damn thing past 6:00pm. That left me (and several others at the HoJo) just walking the mile to the AP most of the time. After just a weekend of walking around Vegas, I messed up one ankle so badly I couldn't bike for a month.

As for the rooms, the best you could say about them is that they were almost clean. It wasn't outright sleazy, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it comfortable, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X