Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MAC Address Spoofing Tool for Linux (SirMACsAlot)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New MAC Address Spoofing Tool for Linux (SirMACsAlot)

    I wrote a little tool to automate the MAC address spoofing in Linux.

    Since MAC spoofing is so easy in Linux the tool (SirMACsAlot) is very Idjit Friendly (i.e. it prompts you for everything). It is kind of fun to play with though. If you'd like to try it out it is available now at:

    http://www.michiganwireless.org/tools/sirmacsalot/

    It currently works only with Linux but I am in the process of adding support for Free and Open BSDs, Windows, and a GUI.

    Remember, even if it has virtually no practical use whatsoever, all the chickies will dig seeing that you have a file called SirMACsAlot.pl on your box and that alone is worth the whopping 1 second it will take to download :D
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

  • #2
    Originally posted by Chris
    It currently works only with Linux but I am in the process of adding support for Free and Open BSDs, Windows, and a GUI.
    Chris, what is your projected date for having support added for the other OS?
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by lil_freak
      Chris, what is your projected date for having support added for the other OS?

      Chris Hates Windows, so he will never port it there!

      Comment


      • #4
        Chris,
        I saved that link. Thanks! :)
        There is a windows MAC spoofing tool called SMAC v 1.5. It can be found @ http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/#Download , but it cost $$. I have SMAC v1.1 that was available only about 1 month ago for free. I would be happy to upload it , if requested, with your permission of coarse. Its about 1.88 MB.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by highwizard
          Chris Hates Windows, so he will never port it there!
          I thought everyone hated Windows? :p

          Besides I don't care about support for Windows, just for Free BSD.
          "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Clp727
            Chris,
            I saved that link. Thanks! :)
            There is a windows MAC spoofing tool called SMAC v 1.5. It can be found @ http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/#Download , but it cost $$. I have SMAC v1.1 that was available only about 1 month ago for free. I would be happy to upload it , if requested, with your permission of coarse. Its about 1.88 MB.

            No, don't do that, but you can use BWMACHAK (I have linkage somewhere and will post if anyone is interested). It is freeware, but I think it only works with Orinoco cards.
            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lil_freak
              Chris, what is your projected date for having support added for the other OS?

              I have already written the BSD ports, I just have to do the CL args so people can choose their OS. I had considered just grabbing a uname and automating that rather than prompting for it. We'll see which way I end up going. The Windows port will be a tad trickier since it requires a registry edit.

              So, to answer your questions, I expect to have the BSD support in within a week or so (depending highly on the Chris lazy factor). Windows support in a month or so.
              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lil_freak
                I thought everyone hated Windows? :p

                Besides I don't care about support for Windows, just for Free BSD.
                If you want to play with the FreeBSD port I can send it to you as a standalone program (essentially the same as the Linux version is now). Let me know.
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chris
                  If you want to play with the FreeBSD port I can send it to you as a standalone program (essentially the same as the Linux version is now). Let me know.
                  Please, that would be great. Thanks

                  (Edit: Removed email address)
                  Last edited by lil_freak; March 30, 2004, 08:11.
                  "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lil_freak
                    Please, that would be great. Thanks

                    You can email me at: my email address
                    You've got mail. Feel free to edit your post and pull your email addy out if you want.
                    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was thinking of creating something like this just today, using the MAC changer program: http://www.alobbs.com/modules.php?op...acc&file=index
                      Nice Chris, I wil lbe sure to use/try.
                      The only constant in the universe is change itself

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Does sirmacsalot do wlan-ng? BTW, anybody got ref/extensive description of wlan RIDs. I have to play with cnfWEPFlags (bitfield set to 4,7 IIRC) to be able to log WEP packets, and the wlan docs refers to "API Enhancements Document".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chris
                          I have already written the BSD ports, I just have to do the CL args so people can choose their OS. I had considered just grabbing a uname and automating that rather than prompting for it. We'll see which way I end up going. The Windows port will be a tad trickier since it requires a registry edit.

                          So, to answer your questions, I expect to have the BSD support in within a week or so (depending highly on the Chris lazy factor). Windows support in a month or so.
                          Anything on macintosh? I have been trying to get some linux apps such as kismet to compile onto my powerbook, I havent actually done the compile yet (work and KREE lazy factor) and I do realize that kismet wont work properly due to my AE card. I have ettercap on it but that was done thru fink. I guess I could go over to michiganwireless and try it.
                          If there is a Church of WiFi, then this is it's !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jaem
                            Does sirmacsalot do wlan-ng?
                            Yes. See attached image.

                            It should work with pretty much any card (wired or wireless). I say should because I obviously haven't tested ALL cards so there could conceiviably something it doesn't work on.
                            Attached Files
                            perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by kree
                              Anything on macintosh?
                              The FreeBSD port SHOULD work on MAC OSX but I haven't tested it.
                              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X