• Show
Clear All

• DEF CON 12 WarDriving Contest Announced

Read it, live it, love it:

http://www.worldwidewardrive.org/dc12wd/DC12WD.html
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Nice, I like the format.

Nice to see the contest focus on RF skills and not who has the most gear
    Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Cool mini-games!

I particularly like the Running Man. This is another great example of the convergence with the real world and gaming that is occuring with wireless networks adn positioning techmology. Kudos :)

Comment

3) Unfortunately for the players, the AP is transmitting on low power, and will take some radio directional equipment to locate.
        4) Even more unfortunate is the fact that it is also only transmitting for 15 seconds out of every minute.

You cruel, cruel bastards.

Comment

most interesting

You've certainly raised the bar for shenanigans this year... all this structure and careful planning could interfere with my intentions for mayhem.

<starts rattling all the doorknobs, checking all the coin-return slots>
          .-=a

Comment

Originally posted by murakami
            ... I particularly like the Running Man. This is another great example of the convergence with the real world and gaming that is occuring with wireless networks adn positioning techmology.
            This one is one of my favorites, too. Although I think the Treasure Hunt may be a real hoot.

We've tried to have a little something for everyone in the Mini-Contests. Depending on the particular contest, different skills will come into play including: RF locating, light crypto skills, moderate hacking skills, and a bit o' trivia. Their not about just getting the most miles and APs.

Originally posted by phobal
            ... You cruel, cruel bastards.
            Thank you. Thank you, very, very much.
            :D
            Thorn
            "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Working...
            X