806 Cisco Router and CCNA/P/E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 806 Cisco Router and CCNA/P/E

I'm looking to obtain a CCNA and maybe a CCNP later. I would like to play with a real Cisco because simulators suck. Is it worth it to get one for the purpose of pursuing a CCN* or are the simulators be adequate for the job? I'm currently bidding on one I doubt I'll get for the price I want and am contemplating how much owning one would be worth to me.

Would an older router which has reached its end-of-sale life time be good enough as long as it’s running a version of IOS?
    Disclaimer: I'm not god. Admission of that would mean I don't believe in myself.

Originally posted by degreaser
    I'm looking to obtain a CCNA and maybe a CCNP later. I would like to play with a real Cisco because simulators suck. Is it worth it to get one for the purpose of pursuing a CCN* or are the simulators be adequate for the job?
    Depends. For a CCNA, the simulators will do fine provided you have the right books to accompany them. To go beyond that, I would seriously recommend physical hardware.

Would an older router which has reached its end-of-sale life time be good enough as long as it’s running a version of IOS?
    Depends on the router. IOS is currently up around version 12.3, which won't be run by every hardware platform. Make sure that what you're buying is usable for the test you intend to take.

Comment

Working...
    X