Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CON seating

Hi All,

No cut intended to the good people responsible for setting up seating at the CON ..., but here's an idea that I hope is constructive.

Since I suspect that "fire-marshall rules" will apply again next year, and that we will not be allowed to browse talks or stand in the back of the room or along the walls, I suggest that the chairs have just a little room between them.

I'm 6'1" and don't enjoy sitting sweaty-shoulder-to-sweaty-shoulder with the hax0r next to me. The flight to Vegas in coach is bad enough.

Thanks All.
    Here's to a great con

I agree. Those seats are not really hacker-sized. I watched a few talks from my room last year, that worked out nice.

Comment

yeah, watching from your room was good for when nothing great was on... just for the MST3k-style shennanigans me and my friends made while watching the worthless OS X security and the Eggdrop bots for n00bs talks.
      "Those who would willingly trade essential liberty for temporary security are deserving of neither." --Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I will have the privileged option of watching from my room this year for the first time. I would, however, like to chime in on the excellent idea of spreading out the chairs.
        Ya got no legs, don't come crawlin' to me.

Comment

Well, they work for the tall and skinny part of the population. Not the short and fat part though.

Comment

Give the chairs to the short and fat, then have 2 skinny persons sit on each knee of the guy in the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              Give the chairs to the short and fat, then have 2 skinny persons sit on each knee of the guy in the seat.
              But then the short can't see.
              "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Sit with your legs far enough apart to see between the two skinny guys.

Or we can have bench seating.

Or we can have seats with little detents for your cheeks, and two skinny guys can take one chair.

Comment

I agree. Those seats are not really hacker-sized. I watched a few talks from my room last year, that worked out nice.
                  I said it once and I will say it again.. watching the talks on TV was great. No sardine seating, no body oder to deal with, and I could wake up an one min. before the talks, grab a beer, and watch which ever one I wanted..
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                    I said it once and I will say it again.. watching the talks on TV was great. No sardine seating, no body oder to deal with, and I could wake up an one min. before the talks, grab a beer, and watch which ever one I wanted..

I have to agree. It works out really well when things are slow. If you're in one of the suites with two televisions (upstairs and downstairs) people in the room can have an option of what to do.

Then again, I'll be one of the guys this year wearing a T-shirt bearing the slogan:

"Talks? What talks?"
                    “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

What really sucks is that from the TV you can't Spot the Fed. Or if you do spot them, you can't do anything about it.

Comment

this thread is already about space management, so i wont start another;

i heard a great idea for B&W.....
                        move it outside. either the roof or the pool. alot more open. room for everyone.

negative: noise issues from audio equipment?
                        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                          negative: noise issues from audio equipment?
                          Apart from that, liability. The last thing anyone needs is someone falling off the roof or into the pool and cracking their skull. I pretty much agree with the hotel that trying to do it in either of those places is a Bad Idea.

Comment

Sit with your legs far enough apart to see between the two skinny guys.

Or we can have bench seating.

Or we can have seats with little detents for your cheeks, and two skinny guys can take one chair.
                            What about BYOB?

Bring your own beanbag.

Bring your own barstool.

Bring your own beachtowel.
                            Ya got no legs, don't come crawlin' to me.

Comment

What really sucks is that from the TV you can't Spot the Fed. Or if you do spot them, you can't do anything about it.
                              Yes but you can listen to the radio if you find the TV/con isn't worth watching...all AP TV's have radios in them :)
                              Imagination is greater than knowledge * Albert Einstein
                              Every day is a good day, whether you like it or not! * DMZ

Comment

Working...
                              X