Don't Forget Howard Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Forget Howard Johnson

For those of you that want to look for great discounted rooms the Howard Johnson on Tropicana and Industrial gives great rates for DC attendee's. It's about 4-5 blocks from con, walking may not be the best option cause you have to cross strip.
    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Let me say that you are really losing out if you do not stay at the Alexis Park. That is over half the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Let me say that you are really losing out if you do not stay at the Alexis Park. That is over half the experience.
      hearing about room rushes, the cum-guzzled pool, and dead animal sodomy SO does not make me regret dropping a deposit on the room for the DC weekend. heh.

but honestly people, pay the extra $40-50 a night and stay at the venue. get another friend to come out to pay the difference of the hojo hellhole and the reputable ap.

Comment

Well for the people who wait til last miniute, or just plain don't like the AP rooms (there are ppl out there like this) it's a great alternative.

Comment

Is there an actual Howard Johnson's restaurant there? Those can be hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by drdank
            Is there an actual Howard Johnson's restaurant there? Those can be hard to find.
            When I was a kid I used to get fried clams at the local HoJo.

Al
            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
              Well for the people who wait til last miniute, or just plain don't like the AP rooms (there are ppl out there like this) it's a great alternative.
              I'm splitting the difference. Staying at the St. Tropez Tues-Thurs and at the AP
              Fri-Mon. Probably try to get a cheap rate at a Strip hotel for a few days after
              that before I finally head home.

Al
              "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

for those that want to go dirt cheap:
                http://www.cheapovegas.com/vegas_map.php?map=downtown

Comment

The Hojo is your basic basics, you'll not wanna walk to the con... I've had the wonderment of having to stay there twice. Definitely if you can, get in closer to the AP if not in it. The first time I got there, the lobby had just finished flooding during one of the infamous downpours.

-miss jackalope
                  ======================================
                  DJ Jackalope
                  dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                  ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
                    The first time I got there, the lobby had just finished flooding during one of the infamous downpours.
                    So that's what the lobby smell was. Mildew. I feel much better now.

At least, I'm going to go with the mildew theory, because I don't want to contemplate some others.

Comment

Cockroach

I aint to crazy about the Howard Johnson because a friend stayed the night there last year. Then he awoke to a cockroach on the floor, he showed me the pic, of the cockroach, that he killed.
                      Ricky

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
                        The Hojo is your basic basics, you'll not wanna walk to the con... I've had the wonderment of having to stay there twice. Definitely if you can, get in closer to the AP if not in it. The first time I got there, the lobby had just finished flooding during one of the infamous downpours.

-miss jackalope
                        That's nothing. I was at the AP the day before DC11 started - and it was raining *in* the elevator near the loading dock!

I will probably stay at the HoJo near the airport again. Unless I find a closer place that's as cheap.

-Wembley

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                          Well for the people.. (who)... just plain don't like the AP rooms (there are ppl out there like this) it's a great alternative.
                          i've heard bad things about the AP, but, HOJO? yuh oh!

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
                            hearing about room rushes, the cum-guzzled pool, and dead animal sodomy SO does not make me regret dropping a deposit on the room for the DC weekend. heh.
                            There were room rushes?
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                              There were room rushes?
                              Room Rushing is a Myth.

Comment

Working...
                              X