Who's bringing homebrews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's bringing homebrews?

We've got quite a few homebrewers here, so I figured I'd kick off a 'who's-bringing-what' thread. For my part, it'll be a fine California beverage, native to the ingenuity of a subsection of the fine people of this great state. Mmmm, that's good boozeahol!

Lil_Freak's berry wine

Depending on how well my raspberries and blackberries do this year, I will bring my berry wine.

My berry wine is a medium to full bodied wine with a nice fruity taste. :)

If my berry patch does not turn out good then I might do my dark honey mead.
    "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Someone from DC719 or.. Russ.. bring me some Dopplebock from Moutain Sun.. hehehehe :))
      Kraa: You are Slackware Linux. You are the brightest among your peers, but are often mistaken as insane. Your elegant solutions to problems often take a little longer, but require much less effort to complete.

Comment

While I won't be bringing any of my homemade stock, I am more then willing to help those who do in consumption.

Comment

Lil_freak: If you wanted to bring mead, you needed to start brewing a few months ago.

I originaly thought I wouldn't have anything ready by Defcon, but it looks like I just may have my honey ale done by then, so I will bring a half rack of that.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid
            Lil_freak: If you wanted to bring mead, you needed to start brewing a few months ago.
            I started brewing my mead Dec. 26, 2003. :) I have three batches going: two dark honey and one hippocras or spiced mead.
            (My grandma gets to have the hippocras when it's done, but the other is for whatever)

I have not started on my wine yet thou, but it only take about four weeks to brew. However, I will not know till mid May if i can make my wine or not, it depends on how many barries my bushes produce. (I won't buy berries from the store)

Edit: I needed to add [/ to end the quote
            Last edited by lil_freak; May 6, 2004, 11:21.
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I'll have to check the regs, but I'll try and bring down a couple bottles of my homebrew wine. Hopefully the border guard is'nt thirsty.

I've got a black cherry pino noir that's to die for. I've also got a few bottles of homebrew icewine I'll set aside for con :)

Render
              Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by kraa26
                Someone from DC719 or.. Russ.. bring me some Dopplebock from Moutain Sun.. hehehehe :))
                The last I remember is that Doppelbock is not sold year round, but only twice a year because it aged for six months.

I will see when they plan on having it's appearance this year and hopefully it will be before Defcon.

*Yummy*

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                  While I won't be bringing any of my homemade stock, I am more then willing to help those who do in consumption.
                  Okay, but I'm gonna hold you to that :)

Comment

As a resident hippie of what is perhaps the #1 beer producing city in the #1 beer producing state in America, I think I'm required to show up with some of our domestically produced microbrews.
                    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                    45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                    [ redacted ]

Comment

/me volunteers to be an impartial judge on all the beverages brought through this board.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_freak
                        The last I remember is that Doppelbock is not sold year round, but only twice a year because it aged for six months.

I will see when they plan on having it's appearance this year and hopefully it will be before Defcon.

*Yummy*
                        True.. Doppelbock is not sold year round.. very sad... but I think it is made in July.. but I could be wrong.
                        Kraa: You are Slackware Linux. You are the brightest among your peers, but are often mistaken as insane. Your elegant solutions to problems often take a little longer, but require much less effort to complete.

Comment

Che? you doing mead this year?
                          ARRR!

Comment

Originally posted by h3adrush
                            Che? you doing mead this year?
                            I'm holding out a bottle for you and Siviak to split (since I promised you guys a taste and it did not happen). I did not get to brew any this time around with classes, etc. consuming all of my time. The one bottle I will be bringing will be nearly 2 years old, so it should be great. (I cracked open a bottle the other night... it was awesome)

I do plan some beer, probably a stout and a baltic ale. I do have some of the Russian Imperial stout from last year, but I predict it will be consumed by then.. ;)

I would like to bring about a case or so, but the issue of transporting it is a real problem. I had a bitch of a time getting 12 on the plane, etc, and shipping will cost a mint. (Has I found out by shipping Siviak a couple bottles.. I plan on letting him buy a few rounds for that one.. ;) ) Any more than 12 will be almost out of the question, I am sure the baggage stooges will destroy any I try to put in check-in..
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                              I would like to bring about a case or so, but the issue of transporting it is a real problem. I had a bitch of a time getting 12 on the plane, etc, and shipping will cost a mint. (Has I found out by shipping Siviak a couple bottles.. I plan on letting him buy a few rounds for that one.. ;) ) Any more than 12 will be almost out of the question, I am sure the baggage stooges will destroy any I try to put in check-in..
                              See... if you lived HERE, we could drive it out for you. :p
                              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Working...
                              X