Robot Warez General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Warez General Discussion

Starting of a new thread questions go here answers will hopfully go hwere or defconsandiego.org/forums i will have a online registration form probably (hopfully) by tonight. Russ, contact me!

- teklord

Robot total cost & misc. questions...

I've had some old BasicX kits for quite some time (read: they've been sitting around for a while)- so do I need to factor the cost of these (or parts donated) as part of the total cost?

Should bots be built specifically for the task outlined on the Robot Warez page- (i.e. should I leave other bots at home that might go for the coolness factor, but don't even remotely apply to the task (ping-pong balls)?)

Just curious.

LosT

Comment

Is the price of components the price they were acquired for or the price they are valued at (new, ebay, etc)? We picked up some components that were headed for the dumpster, is their value $0, because that's what we paid for them...
      --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Price of components

that is a quesiton that russ will have to answer, hopfully he will check the message board for your answer.

- teklord

Comment

Hmmm, good question. Let's assume it's what you paid. We SHOULD, however, track the VALUE of the parts as well. So let's say you SPENT $500 on the bot but the whole of the bot has parts worth $2500. We should know both of these. I'm not sure we should penalize contestants if they can SE parts from a company. We'll see how it ends up working this year and make adjustments for next year.

Originally posted by kallahar
          Is the price of components the price they were acquired for or the price they are valued at (new, ebay, etc)? We picked up some components that were headed for the dumpster, is their value $0, because that's what we paid for them...

Comment

Working...
          X