Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Wings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hot Wings

    My friends and I were contemplating bringing a deep fryer and doing some hotwings. I wanted to see what sort of interest there would be in this, not thinking of a competition by any means, just sort of an informal party on Thurs or Fri-night.

    We weren't sure what the best way to go about this would be, as we don't want to charge for food/cover, but we don't want to be stuck footing a massive bill for the wings. Maybe, you bring, we fry? Or random donations? Any ideas?
    The Sacred Chao says, "MU".

  • #2
    Originally posted by dirtwork
    My friends and I were contemplating bringing a deep fryer and doing some hotwings. I wanted to see what sort of interest there would be in this, not thinking of a competition by any means, just sort of an informal party on Thurs or Fri-night.

    We weren't sure what the best way to go about this would be, as we don't want to charge for food/cover, but we don't want to be stuck footing a massive bill for the wings. Maybe, you bring, we fry? Or random donations? Any ideas?
    This would be a great thing for the Unofficial BBQ. It might be a good move to drop Converge a line.

    Comment


    • #3
      May I suggest you take a look at this thread: http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=3647

      EDIT: Gee HighWiz, you are fast. I thought I was going to be the first one to post.

      But I Guess Great Minds Think Alike
      "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by lil_freak
        May I suggest you take a look at this thread: http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?t=3647

        EDIT: Gee HighWiz, you are fast. I thought I was going to be the first one to post.

        But I Guess Great Minds Think Alike
        Ph34r the Wizard!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by highwizard
          This would be a great thing for the Unofficial BBQ. It might be a good move to drop Converge a line.
          We were thinking about this too, and it may be the best way to have it happen, but we're wanting to keep this at the AP. Knowing that the ToxicBBQ was on Thursnight would definitely kick this to Friday, as we don't want to cause a conflict (hell, I'm planning on being at the BBQ).
          The Sacred Chao says, "MU".

          Comment


          • #6
            Maybe we can toss a contest into this. LIke who can eat the most gizzards and feet.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by dirtwork
              We were thinking about this too, and it may be the best way to have it happen, but we're wanting to keep this at the AP. Knowing that the ToxicBBQ was on Thursnight would definitely kick this to Friday, as we don't want to cause a conflict (hell, I'm planning on being at the BBQ).
              Where would you setup the deep Fryer, in your room?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by highwizard
                Where would you setup the deep Fryer, in your room?
                Well, I think that was going to be the general idea. Is this pure smacktardery?
                The Sacred Chao says, "MU".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dirtwork
                  Well, I think that was going to be the general idea. Is this pure smacktardery?
                  I was being a bit sarcastic, but actually, I was curious as to what size Deep Fryer you had.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    /me makes a note to sign up for Frequent Fryer Miles.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think my friend has a Fry Daddy -- IIRC, it'll do ~20 wings at a time.
                      The Sacred Chao says, "MU".

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        actually I'll chime in here as "the friend" i have multiple fry daddys but if there is enough interest i'd consider renting some of the large (deep fry a whole damn turkey) kind. It all comes down to interest level.
                        /me notes frequent fryer miles for astcell
                        /me proclaims myself the Friar of Fryers

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by dirtwork
                          We weren't sure what the best way to go about this would be, as we don't want to charge for food/cover, but we don't want to be stuck footing a massive bill for the wings. Maybe, you bring, we fry? Or random donations? Any ideas?
                          Originally posted by highwizard
                          This would be a great thing for the Unofficial BBQ. It might be a good move to drop Converge a line.
                          BBQ and Wings does sound good. If you brought the equipment to the BBQ, it could solve the wing supply problem since each person is bringing food/supplies/equipment. I know that I'd pick up a bag of wings for a wing aficionado to throw on (refer back to previous stated lack of culinary skill).
                          “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by astcell
                            Maybe we can toss a contest into this. LIke who can eat the most gizzards and feet.
                            ummmm...NO!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dirtwork
                              We were thinking about this too, and it may be the best way to have it happen, but we're wanting to keep this at the AP. Knowing that the ToxicBBQ was on Thursnight would definitely kick this to Friday, as we don't want to cause a conflict (hell, I'm planning on being at the BBQ).
                              Hahahaha, competition of BBQs. Help make it even bigger!

                              Originally posted by highwizard
                              Where would you setup the deep Fryer, in your room?
                              Electrical generator.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X