X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefCon 12 Forum Badge

If you don't know...read this first:
    http://www.irvineunderground.org/bla...adge-howto.htm

This is the one I created for myself (There's only full size versions because it's too late to create thumbnails. I'll post those tomorrow.):
    http://hexploit.com/images/JoeSchmuck-Avatar-Badge.jpg

This is the template I made in both .psd (Photoshop 7) and .jpg:
    http://hexploit.com/images/ForumAvatarBadge.psd
    http://hexploit.com/images/ForumAvatarBadge.jpg

Put your user/nickname in the blank space at the bottom. You should be able to use any graphics/image program to put your name at the bottom of the jpg one. Feel free to use/mod at will. If you want the original psd to take apart, or you just want it in a different format, pm me.
    Ya got no legs, don't come crawlin' to me.

Originally posted by JoeSchmuck
    If you don't know...read this first:
    http://www.irvineunderground.org/bla...adge-howto.htm
    If anyone happens to make a badge, I will post it in the Defcon Unofficial FAQ Gallery. Just send me the link if you want it posted.

Comment

last year i got my badge printed and laminated in vegas way late wed night.... only to loose it thursday night at quarks.....
      the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
        last year i got my badge printed and laminated in vegas way late wed night.... only to loose it thursday night at quarks.....
        So you'll be the one with the squirrel tattoo this year.

Comment

right on the forehead.....
          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
            right on the forehead.....
            That's good, but be careful where nuts may end up.

Comment

i say, make a sticker and just stick in the middle of your badge or something. but i guess we have to plan it out 69 days in advance ;)

Comment

No sticker, just a T-shirt

My choice of avatar here was more or less random and I don't care to put it on my DC badge. I will be somewhat identifiable though because I plan on wearing a T-shirt with a dragon on it each day of the con, if anyone cares. (One of these days I'll have to hunt down a decent pic to use for my avatar.)
                Drake

Comment

Originally posted by Drake
                  My choice of avatar here was more or less random and I don't care to put it on my DC badge. I will be somewhat identifiable though because I plan on wearing a T-shirt with a dragon on it each day of the con, if anyone cares. (One of these days I'll have to hunt down a decent pic to use for my avatar.)
                  shame on you. how dare you associate yourself with this forum!!!!

Comment

Badges

I have attached two badge versions. Let me know what you think.

RG
                    Attached Files
                    Disclaimer: Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are, indeed, transmission errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Roaming Gnome
                      I have attached two badge versions. Let me know what you think.

RG
                      Actually, I think using the alien/electronics board as a background with the dual-suns/something-breaking-through-the-picture as an overlay would be cooler than both. Given the option of the two, I pick B...except I think that the alien is flipping me off in his own little alien way. :)
                      Ya got no legs, don't come crawlin' to me.

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
                        shame on you. how dare you associate yourself with this forum!!!!
                        WTF??? My lack of interest in putting a sticker on my badge does not in any way mean that I think it's a bad idea for anyone else to do so. In fact, I think it's a cool idea and I'm impressed with some of the art work others have created for this purpose. I was just pointing out a slightly different way of identifying forum members. (I wonder how much it would cost to have a t-shirt made with one of those pics, anyway?)

If you have problems with what I said, PM me and let's work on fixing that problem instead of rejecting alternate views outright.
                        Drake

Comment

Originally posted by Drake
                          WTF??? My lack of interest in putting a sticker on my badge does not in any way mean that I think it's a bad idea for anyone else to do so. In fact, I think it's a cool idea and I'm impressed with some of the art work others have created for this purpose. I was just pointing out a slightly different way of identifying forum members. (I wonder how much it would cost to have a t-shirt made with one of those pics, anyway?)

If you have problems with what I said, PM me and let's work on fixing that problem instead of rejecting alternate views outright.
                          sarcasm, possibly?

Comment

Just to clarify for those who are curious, it's not meant to go ON your Defcon Badge, it's meant to be an extra badge, here is an example of Stitches Badge. It's meant to be its on seperate badge entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by phobal
                              sarcasm, possibly?
                              post-whoring would be more like it

Originally posted by highwizard
                              Just to clarify for those who are curious, it's not meant to go ON your Defcon Badge, it's meant to be an extra badge, here is an example of Stitches Badge. It's meant to be its on seperate badge entirely.
                              Thanks for the example, HighWiz. I admit I didn't realize we were talking about seperate badges. I believe someone (in another thread?) said something about putting their forum pic on the back of their DC badge. Hence my confusion.

A little research on the t-shirt idea indicates it is very do-able. Avery t-shirt transfer pages run $11/package for light t-shirts and about $18 for dark t-shirts. One of those, use of an inkjet printer, one t-shirt (your choice of color) and an iron appear to be all you need. Well, those and an image worth transferring to the shirt!
                              Last edited by Drake; May 23, 2004, 14:27. Reason: lost [ on one of the quotes
                              Drake

Comment

Working...
                              X