Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for starting a UK-England DCxxx ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for starting a UK-England DCxxx ??

I think there's a 2600 con around London, but surprisingly, there isn't anything DefCon-esque started in the UK. If there's any interest, PM, post or mail me, anything! I'd really like to know if there's anyone out there in the UK that would consider giving up an evening a month to join up to discuss security/computing/anything that comes up! I'd be happy to create and organise a website, organise meeting plans, plus coordination of events over IRC/Chat clients - if there's any interest at all.
    It'd most likely be centrally located around the Midlands (around Staffordshire), but we could organise that all later.
    No discrimination of age, sex, race, or any of that crap. Lots of trading of ideas and possibly a side-order of alcohol, LAN parties, who knows. Maybe even "Hacker-Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" (most British people don't know what 'Jeapordy' is, WWTOAM is closer to home)
    Anyway I'm just brainstorming. PM or whatever if you're interested.
    Thanks!
    tM_Sheep

yeap agree with u...we have 2600...but as u sayid above ...I think it be great to have something new ....

Comment

Yeah thats a great idea..i was just searching google for conventions in the UK but with no real luck.
      Id really like to start -up a convention in the UK and am willing to help in anyway what-so-ever.
      BTW im based in the westmidlands so im centralized if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by relmz
        Yeah thats a great idea..i was just searching google for conventions in the UK but with no real luck.
        Id really like to start -up a convention in the UK and am willing to help in anyway what-so-ever.
        One thing that may be useful to everyone involved here: are you looking to start a convention, or a meeting? There's quite a difference between the two.

BTW im based in the westmidlands so im centralized if that helps.
        Please tell me you're not in Derby. If you are, can you at least assure me that Ritzy's has been long-demolished? God, I hated that place.

Comment

Well, just for the moment I'd say just a meeting. In the past month or so I've met about 6 or 7 people who would join up for a meet once a month, which is really encouraging. I think I might start up a website, message board, irc channel or something to start some communication, get something going. For the moment, anyone who's interested, post any ideas here :)
          Feel free to contact me, I heart email.
          tM_Sheep

Comment

Cool,

Well i'm up for it, i've got around 6 peeps who are willing to join DC asap.
            We all are in london and we want to dedicate our knowledge and skills to the group and would like to share and learn more.

please could someone in a DC group in London or near contact me plz

Comment

Originally posted by Aztech
              please could someone in a DC group in London or near contact me plz
              Before you exhumed this thread, did you read any of the replies to the last one you started?

Comment

while we are discussing meetings, are there any uk folks up north that can't make it to london because of distance want to meet up?? i'm 50m north of Aberdeen and it's one hell of a journey to come down every month.
                Now, who want's the coffee for the coffee wars?

Comment

Originally posted by Kibble
                  while we are discussing meetings, are there any uk folks up north that can't make it to london because of distance want to meet up?? i'm 50m north of Aberdeen and it's one hell of a journey to come down every month.
                  would love to meet up, i m from glasgow

Comment

Well thats 2 of us! Anyone else in Scotland that would like to meet up, post up your details and we can see about making a scottish meeting. Sorry about taking up this thread to make it a northern thing, my appoligies to the London crew.
                    Now, who want's the coffee for the coffee wars?

Comment

So Im guessing no one is South of London then?

Hampshire anyone? or Channel Islands? Or anywhere south really...

Ah well...I might try and make it to London some time if something is organised thouhg :)
                      Twigman

Comment

lol, well apparently there a is a lot of dc members in london but aint that active, i have around 16 peeps from my origenal group who would like to join a bigger group.

I'm the leader of Nerds Unleashed, we have around 16 peeps 16-21 in East London and Essex area and would like to join a dc in london but i haven't received any requests to join.

Comment

Here's one from Hampshire. Why? Were you looking at setting up a south coast DC?

Originally posted by Twigman
                          So Im guessing no one is South of London then?

Hampshire anyone? or Channel Islands? Or anywhere south really...

Ah well...I might try and make it to London some time if something is organised thouhg :)
                          "Don't call me Mr Average," he said, "I'm at the very top of the bell curve."

Comment

Originally posted by 7d5
                            Here's one from Hampshire. Why? Were you looking at setting up a south coast DC?
                            Um well I think setting one up is a bit beyond me, but turning up I might be able to manage.

Im currently at uni in southampton...I supose I could do something, but that relies on me being organised. We'll see.

What about you?
                            Twigman

Comment

Working...
                            X